With secret recipes that span three centuries, this fifth generation family-owned bakery continues to handcraft Italian desserts from the same location in NYC’s Little Italy since 1892.
St. Joseph Pastry, also known as “Sfinge” or “Zeppoli,” are a pastry that are enjoyed for Saint Joseph’s day which is celebrated on March 19th. In this package you will receive 6 Saint Joseph Pastry with a bag of Cannoli cream to fill them! The pastry are light and somewhat crisp outside, and then filled with rich Cannoli cream inside!
Each package includes:
- 6 St. Joseph’s Italian pastries
- 1 bag of pastry cream, 14 oz. (Powdered Sugar Not Provided)
Instructions / Storage
- St. Joseph pastries ship frozen on dry ice and may arrived partially thawed
- Each St. Joseph pastry is fully cooked and may be enjoyed thawed in the refrigerator or at room temperature for approximately one hour
- Cannoli cream must be thawed in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours
- When pastries are completely thawed, each may be placed in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes until crisp. If crisping in the oven, be sure to fill with cream AFTER baking
- To fill with cream, cut the smaller end of the pastry bag
- Slice the pastry in half and pipe or spread the cream in between the two halves
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired (not included)
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Ferrara Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.