With secret recipes that span three centuries, this fifth generation family-owned bakery continues to handcraft Italian desserts from the same location in NYC’s Little Italy since 1892.
Ferrara’s specialty lobster tail pastries are famous for their crisp, flaky pastry shell that’s stuffed with rich Bavarian cream. Featured on Food Network’s The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Chef Alex Guarnaschelli named their lobster tails and sfogliatella as her choice for her last meal.
- Each package includes 6 Lobster Tail pastries (each approximately 6" in length) and a pastry bag of cream
(Powdered Sugar Not Provided)
Allergens: Wheat, Eggs, Dairy. Produced in a facility where nuts are present
Instructions / Storage
- Lobster Tails ship frozen on dry ice and may arrived partially thawed
- Lobster tails are fully cooked and may be enjoyed one of two way; Thawed in the refrigerator or at room temperature for about one hour (Time may vary).
- Bavarian cream must be thawed in the refrigerator ONLY, for about two hours.
- When they have thawed COMPLETELY, the lobster tails may be placed in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for no more than 5 minutes (Until Crisp), or simply enjoyed at room temperature. If crisping in the oven, do not fill with cream until they are done.
- To fill with Bavarian cream, snip the pointy end of the pastry bag, pierce two holes underneath the Lobster Tails (One towards the top and one towards the bottom). Insert the cream into the two piercings. Dust with powdered sugar if desired (Powdered Sugar Not Provided)
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Ferrara Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.