Jewish Baked Goods - Choose Your Own 2 Pack
Having trouble deciding on just one treat from Essen? This Choose Your Own 2 Pack is for you. Pick your two favorite baked goods from Essen’s tempting menu:
Essen’s take on traditional Jewish Apple Cake is amazingly dense and moist, with cinnamon-sugar coated apples packed into every bit. It’s the perfect fall dessert for any occasion.
Essen’s best seller, this babka is made from a yeasted dough enhanced with lemon zest and real vanilla, and generously layered with gooey chocolate filling, Valrhona chocolate chips, and crumbled locally sourced halva.
Essen’s Chocolate Rugelach are the squishy, gooey, chocolatey pastry you never realized you couldn’t live without. These bad boys are packed with extra Valrhona dark chocolate and are accented with a hint of cinnamon.
Essen’s Cinnamon Hazelnut Babka is made from a traditional yeasted dough, which is swirled with spicy cinnamon, and crushed hazelnuts.
The James Beard Foundation calls Essen’s Challah Bread “The Toast of Philadelphia.” This traditional Challah is baked to perfection, with a light, pillowy texture you’ll crave. Delicious with your favorite jam and perfect for French toast!
This pack serves 12 people and contains your choice of 2 Essen Bakery favorites.
Bakery Options Include:
- Chocolate Halva Babka
- Cinnamon Hazelnut Babka
- Jewish Apple Cake
- Braided Challah
- Dozen Chocolate Rugelach
- Each Apple Cake is approximately 8" in diameter, 3" tall, weighs 2.5 lbs., and serves 8
- Each Babka is approximately 9" long, 3" wide, weighs 2 lbs., and serves 6.
- Each Challah is 9" long, 3" wide, weighs 2 lbs, and serves 6.
- Each Chocolate Rugelach is 2" long, 1" wide, weighs 6 lbs, and serves 1.
Jewish Apple Cake – Eggs, Flour, Apple, Canola Oil, Sugar, Salt, Vanilla, Orange Juice, Cinnamon.
Challah – Yeast, milk, eggs, flour, butter, sugar, and salt.
Cinnamon Hazelnut Babka – Yeast, milk, eggs, flour, butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and hazelnuts.
Chocolate Halva Babka – Yeast, Milk, Eggs, Flour, Butter, Sugar, Salt, Lemon Zest, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cinnamon, and Halva (Sesame Confection).
Made in a Facility That Uses Nuts and Dairy.
Instructions / Storage
- Upon arrival, enjoy baked goods immediately or store in fridge.
- Baked goods can be stored in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
- Baked goods can be served at room temperature or warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Remove packaging and place baked goods on a baking sheet
- Heat 5 minutes oven for 5 min
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Essen Bakery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.