1 of each of our seven famous salsas! Comes with pre-cut organic, non-GMO tortillas and our special chile seasoning. Ready to fry into chips.
Chef Alex Stupak rose to fame as one of the country’s hottest pastry chefs during his time at Chicago’s acclaimed Clio and Alinea and NYC’s wd-50. One day, however, he took a step back, asked himself, “What do I love to eat the most?” and decided to go confidently in the direction of his answer: Tacos! He opened Empellón to widespread critical acclaim in New York’s West Village in 2011, and it remains a certified hotspot.
This package serves 8-12 people and includes:
- 7 jars Salsa (each 8 oz.)
- Corn Tortillas (ready to fry into Tortilla Chips) (8 oz.)
- Chile Seasoning (2 oz.)
- Makes enough chips to a medium-sized bowl
Salsa Flavors Include:
- 1 Smoked Cashew Salsa – Smoked Cashew Salsa is an original Empellón creation and, by far, our most popular salsa. This smooth and creamy purée of smoked cashews comes with just a hint of chipotle. People tend to eat it with the same gusto as they would a bowl of hummus. No exaggeration: if we took it off the restaurant menu, we would go out of business. If you have any leftovers (which you won’t), try using it as an excellent dairy-free / oil-free salad dressing.
- 1 Salsa Roja – The vivid red color of our Salsa Roja makes it seem like it’s the hottest of the lot. But it’s actually quite mild, using mostly guajillo chiles and well-roasted tomatoes. Along with our Salsa Verde and Arbol, this salsa goes on many of the tacos we serve at Empellón. Try using it for chilaquiles and nachos.
- 1 Salsa Borracha – Vital to the lamb tacos at Empellón Taqueria, this salsa has a solid medium heat level and a campfire smokiness, thanks to a healthy dose of mezcal. Beyond tacos, try using this salsa in place of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- 1 Salsa Verde – Everyone’s favorite for good reason, Salsa Verde is universal and completes so many things. Raw tomatillos bring that bright, grassy, and acidic quality alongside fresh cilantro and green chiles. For something a bit more unusual, try it on fruit with yogurt and honey.
- 1 Tomatillo-Chipotle Salsa – Not all tomatillo-based salsas are green and bright. Here we have used slow-roasted tomatillos as a backdrop for the sweet smokey flavor of chipotle. Our Tomatillo-Chipotle Salsa burns on medium-high, heat-wise. It’s very good for dipping, but we also recommend you try cooking with it. Think beef chili.
- 1 Salsa Arbol – Your all-purpose, go-to hot sauce is about to be replaced. This one has been on the table at Empellón since day one—and there’s a good reason why. It goes on everything. This is a fiery vinegar-based salsa thickened with toasty spices, sesame, and pumpkin seeds. Use this salsa wherever you would normally use Tabasco.
- 1 Salsa Habanera – Habanero chiles taste of guava and passionfruit and fresh red peppers. With this salsa, you can enjoy those flavors for about a millisecond before the flames roll over your tongue, sending you into capsaicin-induced nirvana. This salsa has a cult following at Empellón. If you are a “moth to flame” type person, this salsa is for you. Try it out on pizza or eggs.
Smoked Cashew Salsa – Smoked Cashews, Salt, Sugar, Chipotle Chiles
Salsa Roha – Roasted Tomatoes, Guajillo Chiles, Cider Vinegar, Roasted Garlic, Chipotle Chiles, Kosher Salt, Sugar, Nutritional Yeast, Citric Acid
Salsa Borracha – Roasted Tomatillos, Orange Juice, Mezcal, Sugar, Cider Vinegar, Pasilla Mixe, Roasted Garlic, Kosher Salt, Xanthan Gum
Salsa Verde – Tomatillos, Avocado, Roasted Serrano Chiles, Roasted Garlic, Kosher Salt, Honey, Cilantro
Tomatillo-Chipotle Salsa – Roasted Tomatillos, Roasted Onions, Roasted Garlic, Chipotle Chiles, Honey, Salt
Salsa Arbol – Cider Vinegar, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Roasted Sesame Seeds, Arbol Chiles, Sugar, Kosher Salt, Allspice, Xanthan Gum, Cloves, Cumin, Mexican Oregano
Salsa Habanera – Roasted Habanero Chiles, Roasted Tomatillos, Cider Vinegar, Roasted Onion, Sugar, Orange Juice, Lime Juice, Kosher Salt, Roasted Garlic, Orange Zest, Lime Zest, Mexican Oregano
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival, store all items in the refrigerator.
- Salsa lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator, do not freeze.
- Tortillas last up to 3 days in the refrigerator, keep in sealed bag provided.
- Heat 2 quarts of vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Fry tortillas chips until crisp and golden, roughly 4 minutes.
- Remove the chips from the hot oil with a perforated skimmer and drain on a tray or large plate lined with paper towels.
- Season immediately with chile provided or your own sea salt.
- Twist the lids off of the salsa and enjoy!
- Empellon ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.