You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly LIVE! cook-along: a New Year’s Eve pizza-making extravaganza with the mastermind behind Brooklyn’s renowned Emmy Squared, Emily Hyland! Most famous for marrying New York-style grandma pies with Detroit-style pizza, Emmy Squared’s pizzas have a fluffy, focaccia-like crust and a ring of caramelized crispy-crunchy cheese around the rim — a truly life-changing combination that you can now recreate at home while you await the stroke of midnight!
To ring in the New Year in the tastiest way possible, Emily has curated an absolutely decadent Pizza & Cocktails Kit, from drinks through dessert: starting with Emmy’s signature cranberry champagne cocktail (to top with your favorite sparkling wine!), the ingredients to make your very own white pie topped with luxurious truffle cheese, crumbled pistachios, and a drizzle of delicious honey (a combo known as “The Emily”), and finally, fresh homemade blondies (a nostalgia-inducing recipe from Emily’s mom)!
Emily Hyland founded Emmy Squared in Brooklyn in 2016, and since then it’s become the standard-bearer for Detroit-style pizza in The Big Apple. Eating Emmy Squared is described by The Infatuation as “something your mom would only let you do on special occasions.” And after your first bite, you’ll understand why. Are these pizzas healthy? Of course not, but when has anything this delicious ever been? Each Detroit-style pizza has a fluffy focaccia-like dough topped with caramelized crispy-crunchy cheese and a myriad of toppings. Trust us, this pizza is nothing short of utterly addictive.
Count down to 2021, the Goldbelly way—with delicious food & cocktails in hand!
Here’s How it Works:
- Order your Emmy Squared Pizza & Cocktails Kit before Monday, December 28th at 11pm ET.
- By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
- On Wednesday, December 30, you’ll receive your Pizza & Cocktails Kit at your door, along with an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
- At 8 PM ET on Thursday, December 31, join Emily & the Emmy Squared team on Zoom and learn how to make those perfect pies at home!
A limited number of spots are available, and they’re expected to fill up quickly. Reserve your spot today!
Limited Edition: This VIP Pizza & Cocktails Package Includes a FREE Goldbelly Live! Pizza-Making Zoom Class with Emmy Squared’s Emily Hyland.
This package serves 2 people and includes everything you need to make 2 Cocktails + 1 Emmy Pizza + 2 Blondies.
- Choose to make it Gluten Free
- Also includes the ingredients for Extra Dough for 1 More Pizza!
- Each pizza is approximately 7″ × 9″
- Choose to add merch!
- Emmy Squared Cookbook
- Custom Hedley & Bennett Kid’s Apron
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pecorino Cheese
- Truffle Sottocenere Cheese
- Detroit-style Pan + Lid
- Frozen Dough (Choose to make it Gluten Free)
Extra Dough Kit
- Flour (Choose to make it Gluten Free)
- Cranberry Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- 2 Blondies (Yum!)
You Will Need
For the Cocktail
Cocktail shaker (or mason jar), something to strain with, something to stir with, something to measure with, champagne flutes, ice, sparkling wine (alcohol is not supplied in your kit), ice
For the Pizza
Oven mitts, a spatula, a pizza-cutter (or kitchen knife), and a cutting board
For the Extra Dough
A medium-sized mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, and plastic wrap or lid for the mixing bowl
- Emily Pizza – Frozen Dough, Mozzarella, Pecorino, Truffle Sottocenere Cheese, Pistachios, Honey
- Dough – Flour, Sugar, Yeast, Salt, Vegetable Oil, Water
- Cranberry Cocktail – Cranberry Syrup, Lemon Juice
- Blondies – Gluten, Eggs, Dairy
Contains: Dairy, Eggs, Nuts & Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Kit is made-to-order
- Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the dough and ice packs to partially thaw during shipment
Open & Unpack the Box
What to do with the Pizza Dough
- Leave the dough in the bag and place it in the freezer overnight
- In the morning on the day of class, take the dough out of the freezer
- Place the dough in the center of your well-bittered pan, uncovered; allow the thaw for one hour
- Once dough is thawed and soft, gently press it to the edges of the pan
- Cover the pan and let the dough proof at room temperature for two hours
- After two hours, put the pan in the refrigerator until class
What to do with the rest of the ingredients
- Put the cheeses in the fridge
- Honey and pistachios can stay at room temperature
- Blondies can stay at room temperature
- Please note: the yeast, flour, sugar and salt will also be used during class
What to do with the components of the cocktail
- Store all remaining ingredients for the cocktail in the refrigerator
Post-Event Pizza Dough Instructions
You just made pizza dough from scratch – amazing! Now what?
- Once your dough has been in the refrigerator for anywhere from 24-48 hours, remove dough from the bowl and place into a well-buttered pan.
- Cover the pan tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for 90 minutes to proof.
- Once it has risen and is malleable, stretch the dough across the base of the pan to the whole perimeter.
- Cover the pan and put back into the fridge to chill until you are ready to top with preferred toppings and cook! When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 500 degrees and stick in the oven for 16 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
Pizza-Pan Care Guide
About Your Pan
- Your kit includes a specialty Detroit-style pizza pan.
- Please note the pan has a seasoned coating and as it is being shipped together with refrigerated ingredients this can cause some oxidation/ blemishes̤ DO NOT use soap and water to clean the pan; instead use salt and oil as you would with iron cookware.
- These specialty pans are meant to be seasoned by use
- They will get better with time, like a cast iron skillet
- These are our instructions to correctly prep a pan to give it a clean and begin the seasoning process:
When Your Pan Arrives
- If need be, wipe the pan clean of any blemishes that may have resulted from oxidation during transit.
- Gently scrub the pan with the coarse side of a dry sponge. This is a dry scrub with no water! DO NOT USE ANY WATER ON PIZZA PANS as this will cause rust̤
- Add a small amount (less than a tsp) of Kosher Salt to the pizza pan.
- Using a paper towel, rub salt gently into the pan to absorb excess grease or blemishes.
- Wipe clean of salt. DO NOT USE WATER ON PIZZA PAN but dry paper towel instead.
- Add small amount of canola or similar vegetable oil (1 T) and rub into the entire pan as evenly as possible.
- This oil coating will act to “season” your pizza pan for future use while baking your pizza. Each use will further the pan’s seasoning, similar to a cast iron skillet. Once wiped clear of excess oil, pan will be ready for fresh dough!
To Clean Your Pan
- After removing pizza from pan, wipe clean of any crumbs or particulates
- Keep pizza pan in a dry place separate from other dishes to prevent oxidation
- Repeat process above of gentle dry scrub (you may only need the salt if there is a lot of residue, otherwise this step can be sometimes omitted), wipe with dry paper towel; coat with oil finish
- Emmy Squared ships Monday – Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.