Emmy Squared ships its Le Big Matt Burger nationwide on Goldbelly! Emmy Squared’s Le Big Matt is one of the best burgers in the city. Made with two double-stacked dry-aged patties on a pretzel bun, this burger is an undeniable crowd-pleaser. The idea came about when chef Matt Hyland was a bit tired of eating pizza and wanted to mix things up. While it was first a special on the menu, the Le Big Matt Burger’s success eventually made it a permanent resident on the menu. Though if you’re planning on ordering a Le Big Matt in the restaurant, be sure to order early because supply is limited. This burger sells out most nights! But now you don’t have to worry about that because you can make your own Le Big Matt at home with this spectacular kit for 6. It includes: Bear Creek Farms grass-fed beef patties, pretzel buns, American cheese, pickles, and the signature Sammy Sauce. All you need to add is butter and lettuce (if that’s your thing).
Emily Hyland founded Emmy Squared in Brooklyn in 2016, and since then it’s become the standard-bearer for Detroit-style pizza in The Big Apple. Eating Emmy Squared is described by The Infatuation as “something your mom would only let you do on special occasions.” And after your first bite, you’ll understand why. Are these pizzas healthy? Of course not, but when has anything this delicious ever been? Each Detroit-style pizza has a fluffy focaccia-like dough topped with caramelized crispy-crunchy cheese and a myriad of toppings. Trust us, this pizza is nothing short of utterly addictive.
This package serves 6 people and includes everything you need to make 6 double-stacked Le Big Matt Burgers:
- 12 Beef Patties (arrives in 3 packs of 4 patties)
- 6 Pretzel Buns
- 12 slices American Cheese
- Sammy Sauce
What You Need at Home: Butter, Lettuce
Sammy Sauce – Garlic, Sambal, Tamarind, Light Brown Sugar, Canola Oil, Mayo
Kit Contains: Beef, Eggs, Dairy, Onions, Garlic, & Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Burger Kits are made-to-order and promptly frozen.
- Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the kit and ice packs to partially thaw during shipment.
- Upon receipt, please, cook, refrigerate or place in the freezer.
- Patties, pickles, and Sammy Sauce must be kept frozen or refrigerated
- Cheese should be kept refrigerated
- Buns may be kept at room temperature or in the freeze
- Kit will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. If you wish to keep them longer, you can store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
What You Need at Home: Butter, Lettuce
Best cooked on a flattop, castiron skillet, or grill
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Over medium heat, melt a small amount of butter in an oven-safe saute pan and toast pretzel bun until just about golden. Reserve bun on a side dish
- Turn saute pan to high heat. While the pan is warming, season one side of each burger patty with a generous amount of salt
- Once pan is hot, sear each patty with the seasoned side down for 1 minute
- After 1 minute, turn the patty, sprinkle with black pepper and top with 1 slice of American cheese per patty
- Place saute pan in the oven to melt the cheese
- While cheese is melting, dress the bun
- Add equal amounts of Sammy Sauce to the top and bottom buns, place lettuce on the bottom bun, and 4 slices of pickles on the top bun
- Once the cheese has melted, stack the burger patties on the bottom bun with sauce and lettuce
- Place the top bun, with pickles, on top of the burger patties and serve
- Emmy Squared ships Monday – Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.