In New York, chicken soup is known as Jewish penicillin, famous for its healing and comforting qualities. Eli Zabar has been making and serving chicken soup to discerning customers for over 45 years and eating it for a lot longer. He knows a thing or two about how to make delicious soup and feather-light matzoh balls. Ingredients include white meat chicken, carrots, celery, leeks, and parsnips, all simmered in a rich chicken broth.
Eli Zabar has been selling quintessential New York specialties since 1973, when, inspired by the food halls in London and Paris, Eli Zabar established his eponymous food store and delicatessen on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. One of New York’s leading food impresarios, Eli Zabar is synonymous with the city’s best baked goods, smoked fish, and Jewish deli specialties.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes 2 Quarts of Matzo Ball Soup
- Stock – Chicken Stock (Water, Chickens, Carrots, Onions, Celery, Parsnips), White Meat Chicken Pieces, Carrots, Onions, Celery, Parsnips, Leeks, Parsley, Salt + Pepper, Matzo Meal Unbleached.
- Matzo Balls – Matzo Meal (Unbleached Wheat Flour) Water, Eggs, Salt & Pepper).
Instructions / Storage
- Soup ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, store soup in the refrigerator.
- Soup lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Heat the soup with matzo balls in a saucepan until it starts to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes until matzo balls are heated through.
- Spoon into bowls, serve immediately, and enjoy!
- Eli Zabar ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.