Artisan Cheese Board
We all love the moment in a European restaurant when the cheese tray is presented. Eli Zabar’s international sampler brings that tradition home. Four pieces (roughly 2 pounds total) arrive, labeled, on a wooden board ready to serve with Eli’s famous crackers and crisps and a jar of their delicious tomato jam, a surprising complement to cheese.
Each Eli Zabar’s Cheese Board includes:
- 2 lbs. of Cheese
- 1 American Cheese
- 2 French Cheeses
- 1 Swiss Cheese
- Eli’s Raisin Pecan crisps
- Savory Cheese Shortbread Crackers (2 oz.)
- 1 Jar of Eli’s Tomato Jam (8 oz.)
Instructions / Storage
- Cheeses ship with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Expect cheese to arrive cool or at room temperature
- Upon arrival please refrigerate
- Cheese is stable at room temperature, however, it is best stored in the refrigerator
- For optimum enjoyment, please enjoy your cheese within 1-2 weeks. Soft cheeses should be enjoyed sooner
- Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, unwrap it, and place it on a cheese board or butcher paper
- Cover with an inverted bowl. This allows the cheese to breathe and protect it while it comes to room temperature.
There is Mold on My Cheese!
- Traditional cheeses are often made with natural rinds that display a variety of colorful molds and bumpy textures. These rinds protect the cheese as it ages while contributing to its unique flavor profile
- Bacteria and mold are essential components of cheese. When cut and wrapped, molds and surface oils can develop on the face of the cheese. Simply scrape the surface with a knife to remove before serving.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Eli Zabar ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.