Lemon Doberge Cake
This doberge is made with seven layers of white cake, six layers of lemon pudding, and a poured lemon fondant icing!
Founded in New Orleans by Charlotte McGehee and Charles Mary IV, Debbie Does Doberge is turning out stellar versions of Doberge, a traditional New Orleans birthday cake. The doberge was invented back in the 1930s by a local baker named Beulah Ledner, who based it on a lightened-up version of a Hungarian cake called dobos torta. In 2016, Debbie Does Doberge opened its first restaurant, Bakery Bar, in the heart of New Orleans, where they’re whipping up a wide variety of Doberge cakes and shipping them nationwide!
This package serves 16 people and includes an 8" Lemon Doberge Cake
- Each cake measures 8″ × 4″
- Lemon – Sugar, Flour, Eggs, Baking Soda, Vegetable Oil, Almond Flavoring, Corn Starch, Lemon, Evaporated Milk, Powdered Sugar
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes ship frozen with dry ice
- Dry ice may dissipate in transit, the cake may thaw
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival, store cake in the refrigerator or freezer
- Cakes may be kept refrigerated for up to 10 days
- Caked may be kept frozen, well wrapped, for up to a year
- Allow cakes to thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving
- Debbie Does Doberge ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.