Mesquite Smoked Turkey
Davila’s BBQ has been putting out some of the best barbecue Texas has to offer since the doors first opened in 1959. From the get go they’ve been doing things the hard way; smoking locally raised turkeys in house, crafting their own unique sauces and rubs, and blending the flavors found along the Mexican-American border. Davila’s Mesquite Smoked Turkey’s are their trademark fall item, featuring the same techniques Davila’s founder Raul Davila learned in the 1940s; you’ll be glad to know not much has changed since then.
- Each Mesquite Smoked Turkey weighs 14-16 lbs and arrives stuffed.
- Serves approximately 14-16 people
Instructions / Storage
Turkeys ship frozen and fully cooked. Each Turkey can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months upon arrival. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment.
Thawing Instructions: Turkeys take approximately 72 hours to thaw in the refrigerator or can be thawed in a sink of cold tap water for up to 6 hours.
Cooking Instructions Place the turkey in the provided oven bag with about a cup of broth and a quarter pound of margarine. Close the bag and place turkey in the oven at 275°F for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 140-145 degree is reached.
Detailed storage, heating and thawing instructions are included with each package.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Davila’s BBQ ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.