Davila’s BBQ ships its famous barbecue nationwide on Goldbelly! Davila’s mesquite smoked turkeys are their trademark fall barbecue meat.
Davila’s BBQ in Sequin, Texas, has been putting out some of the best barbecue Texas has to offer since the doors first opened in 1959. From the get-go they’ve been doing things the hard way; breaking down the meat for the sausages in house, crafting their own unique sauces and rubs, and blending the flavors found along the Mexican-American border. Their house made sausages are their trademark item, with Davila’s founder Raul Davila learning the craft in the 1940s and grandson Adrian Davila working as the pitmaster today. Davila’s has been featured in Texas Monthly Magazine and Adrian Davila has been featured as a food judge on The Travel Channel’s “American Grilled.” Adrian also competed and won on the Food Network’s “BBQ Blitz” competition show.
This package serves 14-16 people and includes
- 1 Whole Turkey (14-16 lbs.) – Seasoned, Slow Smoked fully cooked with their special blend spices.
- Davila’s Dry Rub Spice (15 oz.) – Raul Davila Sr. secret weapon rub spice blend
Turkey – Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Mesquite Wood
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, vacuum-sealed and flash frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place the meat in the refrigerator if you plan to serve within 3-5 days or place it in the freezer for up to 6 months
- Once heated, we do not recommend to re-freezing
- We do not recommend using the microwave to reheat
- Turkeys take approximately 72 hours to thaw in the refrigerator or can be thawed in a sink of cold tap water for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- Place the turkey in the provided oven bag with about a cup of broth and a quarter pound of margarine and close the bag
- Place turkey in the oven for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 140-145 degree is reached.
Detailed storage, heating and thawing instructions are included with each packageDownload Storage and Prep Instructions
- Davila’s BBQ ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.