Davila’s BBQ has been putting out some of the best barbecue Texas has to offer since the
doors first opened in 1959. From the get go they’ve been doing things the hard way; smoking locally raised turkeys in house, crafting their own unique sauces and rubs, and blending the flavors found along the Mexican-American border. Davila’s Mesquite Smoked Turkey’s are their trademark fall item, featuring the same techniques Davila’s founder Raul Davila learned in the 1940s; you’ll be glad to know not much has changed since then.
This package serves 14-16 people and includes
- 1 Whole Turkey (14-16 lbs) – Seasoned, Slow Smoked fully cooked with their special blend spices.
- Davila’s Dry Rub Spice (15 oz.) – Raul Davila Sr. secret weapon rub spice blend
Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Mesquite Wood
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, vacuum-sealed and flash frozen to preserve peak flavor and
moisture, Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate
transportation, it is normal for the meat and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during
- Upon arrival place the BBQ in the refrigerator if you plan to serve within 3-5 days. If you plan
to serve it later, place it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To serve, following the prep instructions below
- Once heated, we do not recommend to re-freezing
- We do not recommend using the microwave to reheat
Thawing Instructions: Turkeys take approximately 72 hours to thaw in the refrigerator or can be thawed in a sink of cold tap water for up to 6 hours.
Cooking Instructions Place the turkey in the provided oven bag with about a cup of broth and a quarter pound of margarine. Close the bag and place turkey in the oven at 275°F for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 140-145 degree is reached.
Detailed storage, heating and thawing instructions are included with each package.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Davila’s BBQ ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.