Scharbauer Ranch Wagyu Beef & Butter Kit for 4-6
Enjoy a variety of three cuts of beef, all different in texture and taste from Scharbauer Ranch, Chef Daniel Boulud’s favorite ranch in Texas. Scharbauer Ranch is also the trusted supplier of beef for Restaurant DANIEL’s menu in New York City. For a simple, yet delicious, French steak, Chef Daniel has made three different compound butters to accompany the beef: Red Wine-Shallot, Smoked Red Pepper and Persillade. Mix and match which butters you eat with which steaks. Have fun and enjoy!
Each Scharbauer Ranch Wagyu Beef & Butter Kit for 4-6 includes:
- 1 Wagyu Strip Loin (18 oz.)
- 2 Wagyu Beef Tenderloin Tournedos (each 7 oz.)
- 1 Wagyu Denver Cut (16 oz.)
- Red Wine Shallot Butter
- Smoked Red Pepper Butter
- Persillade Butter
- Five-Pepper Mix & Coarse Salt
- Strip Loin – Wagyu Beef
- Beef Tenderloin Tournedos – Wagyu Beef
- Denver Cut – Wagyu Beef
- Red Wine Shallot Butter – Butter, Shallots, Garlic, Red Wine, Port Wine, Red Wine Vinegar, Thyme, Sugar, Black Pepper, Cayenne, Salt, Parsley, Tarragon
- Smoked Red Pepper Butter – Butter, Olive Oil, Shallots, Garlic, Bell Pepper, Thyme, Salt, Smoked Paprika, Spanish Paprika, Cayenne, Pickled Cocktail Onions, Chives
- Persillade Butter – Butter, Shallots, Garlic, Salt, Ground White Pepper, Parsley, Chives
Made In A Facility That Uses Nuts *
Instructions / Storage
- Scharbauer Ranch Wagyu Beef & Butter Kit ships frozen with ice packs
- Scharbauer Ranch Wagyu Beef & Butter Kit may thaw in transit and arrive cold
- Upon arrival place everything in the refrigerator or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated after cooking for up to 2 days
- Or, if kept frozen and uncooked, kit be may kept frozen for up to 2 weeks
- Remove the clear wrap from the butters and either slice them into individual portions or leave them whole on a plate.
- Allow butters to come to room temperature while you prepare the meats.
- Decide if you would like to grill or pan sear your meat.
- Allow the steaks to temper for 5 minutes before you are ready to cook them.
- Season the steaks on both sides with the salt and five-pepper mix and lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Over medium-high heat, when hot, grill or pan sear the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side while they brown and are cooked to your desired temperature before resting. (For pan searing, a cast iron skillet works best).
- Once the steaks have reached your desired temperature, it’s very important to let them rest for 5-7 minutes.
- After the meat rests, slice them against the grain.
- When ready to serve with your desired side dish, have the butter tempered on the table for everyone to dig in.
- Feel free to mix and match which butter you eat with which steaks.
- Have fun and enjoy!
A Tip From Chef Daniel Boulud, “As a Chef, I can test the temperature with a touch of a finger and judging the firmness of the meat. But if you are not confident, I recommend a thermometer!”Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Daniel Boulud Kitchen ships Tuesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.