Red Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs Kit for 4
Enjoy a traditional Provençal dinner featuring Chef Daniel Boulud’s signature Red Wine Braised Short Ribs–a classic Restaurant DANIEL dish since 1993–along with seasonal vegetables and chef’s very own homemade potato purée.
Each Braised Beef Short Ribs Kit for 4 includes:
- 24 oz. Braised Short Ribs
- 16 oz. Sauce
- 8 Braised Carrots
- 12 Red Wine Braised Pearl Onions
- 8 Cooked Button Mushrooms
- 8 pcs. Celery
- 400 g of Cooked Mashed Potatoes Base
- 2 Tbsp of Grated Parmesan
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
You Will Need
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Butter, cubed
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Short Ribs – Beef Short Ribs, Onion, Celery, Carrot, Garlic, Tomato, Mushroom, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Leeks, Tomato Paste, Red Wine, Port, Demi-glace
- Vegetable Garnish – Pearl Onion, Mushroom, Carrot, Celery, Butter
- Mashed Potato – Potato, Cream, Butter
Made In A Facility That Uses Nuts *
Instructions / Storage
- Braised Beef Short Ribs Kit ships frozen with ice packs
- Braised Beef Short Ribs Kit may thaw in transit and arrive cold
- Upon arrival place everything in the refrigerator or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated after cooking for up to 2 days
- Or, if kept frozen and uncooked, kit be may kept frozen for up to 2 weeks
- Defrost the braised short ribs and potatoes in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for 2-3 hours.
- Once the beef is fully defrosted, allow it to come to room temperature to ensure even reheating.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the plastic cover on the braised beef and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Covered, place the dish in the oven, and braise for one hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the mashed potatoes.
- In a medium-sized pot bring the milk to a boil and then add in the defrosted potatoes.
- Reduce the heat down to medium-low and whisk vigorously.
- Once the potatoes are heated through, melt in the butter. Feel free to add additional butter or milk to adjust to your desired consistency.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste and pour the purée in a shallow gratin dish and sprinkle evenly parmesan on top.
- Once the beef is out of the oven (see steps below), turn on the broiler and bake the purée until golden brown.
- In a separate stove pan or skillet, heat up a tablespoon of butter or extra virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of water.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, onions, celery, and carrots to the pan.
- Season with salt & pepper, and toss the vegetables over high-heat until hot and glazed.
- After one hour, remove the beef from the oven, take a spoon and coat each slice of short rib with the sauce in the pan.
- Add in the hot vegetables, garnish with parsley leaves and enjoy.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Daniel Boulud Kitchen ships Tuesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.