If you’ve visited a patisserie or café in France, chances are you’ve come across the sweet, pillowy confections called Madeleines. Though they may seem like just another dessert at first, Madeleines have a rich (and delicious) history in France.
“I first served Madeleines at Restaurant DANIEL shortly after opening in 1993. Since then, I have served Madeleines at all of my restaurants at the end of the meal as a symbolic gesture of love and appreciation.” Chef Daniel
Each Madeline kit makes up to 100 Madeleines
- 1 Madeleine Mold (makes 20 Madeleines at a time)
- 1 Powdered Sugar Shaker (1 oz.)
- 1 Pastry Brush
- 5 Piping Bags of Madeleine Batter (each 7 oz.)
- Clarified Butter (1 oz.)
Batter – Whole Eggs, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Butter, Honey, Lemon Oil
Instructions / Storage
- This Kit comes frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place in the freezer
- Batter may be kept frozen for up to 6 months
- Let the madeleine batter thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or until the batter is soft and defrosted.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or by using a small pot over a stove.
- Brush the madeleine mold with melted butter.
- Pipe the batter into each madeleine mold until they are ¾ of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for 4 minutes, rotate the mold 180-degrees, and bake for another 3-4 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Carefully remove the madeleines from the oven by turning the mold over onto a tray and popping out each madeleine.
- Using the shaker, generously dust the tops of the madeleines with powdered sugar. Then place in a folded napkin or bowl to serve, add more powdered sugar.
- Bon Appétit!
- Daniel Boulud Kitchen ships Tuesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.