Crescent Moon ships its legendary Blackstone Reuben Sandwich Kit nationwide on Goldbelly! Indulge in slow roasted in-house corned beef brisket, locally baked marble rye bread, secret sauerkraut blend, Swiss cheese, and extra rich thousand island dressing.
As legend has it, the Reuben sandwich was created at a poker game in Omaha’s Blackstone Hotel in the 1920s. Reuben Kulakofsky was one of a group of men who regularly played late-night poker with hotel owner Charles Schimmel. They would save a few nickels and dimes from each hand and call down to the kitchen for a midnight snack of meats and breads. Kulakofsky came up with a sandwich everyone loved so much the hotel owner put it on the regular menu, calling it The Reuben. Today, Omaha, Nebraska’s Crescent Moon Alehouse — located across the street from where the Blackstone Hotel stood—serves up a reuben using the original recipe that’s heralded as one of the nation’s top sandwiches. Crescent Moon has been featured on Eater, USA Today, CNN, The Cooking Channel and more. In a Omaha World Herald taste test with the family of the Reuben’s creator, The Crescent Moon was by far the favorite in a city filled with Reubens.
This package includes everything to make 8 Reuben Sandwiches:
- ~2.5 lbs. of in-house, slow roasted Corned Beef
- 1 Loaf of locally baked Marble Rye Bread
- Crescent Moon’s Secret Sauerkraut Mix (20 oz.)
- Swiss Cheese (1 lb.)
- 1000 Island Dressing (12 oz.)
Instructions / Storage
- Upon arrival, place package contents (except bread) in the refrigerator
- Corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese and dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for 2 weeks
- Bread can be kept at room temperature or frozen
- To serve, follow the instructions below to heat and assemble your sandwich. Detailed instructions are also included in each package
Assembling Your Sandwich
- Place a sheet pan in the oven and preheat oven to 450F
- Butter one side of each slice of the bread and place buttered side down on hot sheet pan, followed by both slices of cheese and the other piece of bread (buttered side up)
- Make a small bowl the size of the sandwich with tin foil. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place the meat and kraut inside. Place on the same sheet pan
- Heat for 4 minutes then flip the bread and cook an additional 2-3 minutes
- Remove from oven carefully and place bread on a cutting board. Separate the slices of bread (the cheese should be super melty!) and add the meat, kraut and 1000 Island dressing
- Sandwich it all together and slice in two to enjoy!
- Sandwiches can also be assembled first and then heated in the oven or with a panini press
- Crescent Moon ships Tuesday and Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.