Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread) is a very popular Asian bread. It is known for its fluffy, tender, and soft texture. Traditional Hokkaido Milk Bread is made with a “yudane", simply a roux that is cooked on a stovetop with flour and milk to a certain temperature. Once it reaches the desired temperature and consistency, we chill the roux down. When mixing the dough the tanzhong is added which gives the bread its texture we love!
Nothing at Craftsman & Wolves is ever boring with their ever-evolving and inventive menu. Here you’ll find traditional sweet and savory pastries with a modern point of view. Featured in Food Network’s “Best Thing I Ever Ate,” Craftsman and Wolves is known for putting a modern twist on classic savory and sweet pastries.
This package includes 2 loaves of Japanese Milk Bread
- Each loaf is approximately 9″ × 5″ × 6″ and serves 10 people
flour, milk, sugar, yeast, salt, egg, butter
Instructions / Storage
- Japanese Milk Bread arrives ready to enjoy
- It is highly recommended they be enjoyed within 24 hours
- May be refrigerated up to 7 days or kept in the freezer for 4 weeks.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Craftsman & Wolves ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.