French immigrants invented pecan pie soon after settling in New Orleans and were introduced to the unique nut by the native Quinipissa and Tangipahoa tribes. Early recipes used local sugarcane syrup or a blend of molasses and reflect the local farming of the South Louisiana cane fields. A proper pecan pie is a true test of a pastry chefs skill by getting the the texture and thickness of the crust just right to hold the sticky filling in place.
Located in the heart of New Orleans’ Garden District, Commander’s Palace has been serving its famous Haute Creole cuisine since 1893. Emeril Lagasse, Paul Prudhomme, Jamie Shannon, Tory McPhail, and now Meg Bickford are just some of the chefs who have led the kitchen over the years. This New Orleans restaurant, known for its garlic bread, turtle soup, and seafood gumbo, is the winner of seven James Beard Foundation Awards.
This package serves 8 people and includes a 9.5" Pecan Pie
Price includes additional packaging to ensure products stay cold and fresh during transit
Nuts, Dairy, Gluten, Corn Syrup, Granulated Sugar, Vanilla Extract (Contains Alcohol), Eggs
Instructions / Storage
- Pie ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, store pie in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Pie lasts up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Place the whole pie, including the aluminum baking pan, into the microwave on defrost setting and set the timer accordingly.
- Once thawed, you can cut the cold pie more easily by turning the pie upside down on a cutting board and cutting through the bottom crust, through the filling then the edge of the pecan crust last.
- After slicing the pie, you can flip the pie pieces right side up.
- Continue to heat in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute per slice depending on your microwave.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Defrost pie in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Bake until it’s hot all the way through and very fragrant (internal temperature should be 145°F).
- Cut the pie pecan side up from the center out to the crust edge (be very careful when you get to the crust so you do not break off pieces of the crust edge).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Commander’s Palace ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.