Imagine a carrot cake with 11 layers… can you see it? Now, stop imagining it and start experiencing it for yourself! The Southern twist on the official state cake of Maryland was inspired by a Hungarian traditional Dobosh Torte, with delicious cream cheese icing spread betwixt alternating thin and delicate layers of moist carrot cake!
Based in Jessup, Maryland, Chesapeake Bay Gourmet specializes in regional foods from the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. Chesapeake Bay Gourmet works with local butchers, farmers, and artisans from the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to source the highest-quality meats and side dishes, including USDA Prime Black Angus beef from J.W. Trueth, free-range turkeys raised by Mennonite farmers, and Heritage bacon from Kunzler.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes a Smith Island Carrot Cake
- Each cake measures 7"
Sugar, Carrots, Cornstarch, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Whole Eggs, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Cultured Milk And Cream, Stabilizers (Xanthan, Carob Bean, And Or Guar), Wheat Flour, Pineapple, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Corn Syrup, Water, Carrageenan, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid, Salt, Natural And Artificial Colors And Flavors.
Contains: Eggs, Milk, Soy, Wheat
Instructions / Storage
- Ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival immediately place in the freezer until ready to thaw
- To serve, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight
- Chesapeake Bay Gourmet ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.