In Spain, tapas isn’t just a style of eating — it’s a way of life! Now you can create the ultimate “tapeo” experience at home with some of chef Jose Andres’s favorite nibbles, including rich, savory chicken croquetas and a loaf of airy Pan de Cristal to make Spain’s iconic pan con tomate. Round out your snack platter with nutty Manchego cheese, aged Ibérico ham, salchichón ibérico de bellota, and chorizo ibérico de bellota — then invite some family and friends over to share in the (delicious) fun!
Not only has José Andrés done more than just about anyone else to introduce Americans to Spanish cuisine, the James Beard Award-winning chef is also a tireless advocate for immigration reform, New York Times bestselling author, educator, television personality, humanitarian, and founder of World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit that notably served over 3.6 million meals to the people of Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria and has since delivered more than 60 million meals to people in need in the wake of natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Since emigrating to America at age 21, Andrés has opened a stunning array of more than 30 restaurants, from traditional tapas joints (Jaleo) to a sprawling Spanish food hall (NYC’s Mercado Little Spain) to a two Michelin Star tasting counter (DC’s minibar by José Andrés). Chef José Andrés’ most iconic dishes are now shipping nationwide!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 12 Chicken Croquetas (each 1.2 oz.)
- Pan con Tomate
- 1 loaf Cristal Bread (20″ × 4″)
- 1 pt. Fresh Tomato Spread
- Queso Manchego (6 oz.)
- Jamón Ibérico (1.5 oz.)
- Salchichon Iberico De Bellota (2 oz.)
- Chorizo Iberico De Bellota (2 oz.)
- Chicken Croquetas -
- Cristal Bread -
- Queso Manchego -
- Jamón Ibérico -
- Salchichon Iberico De Bellota -
- Chorizo Iberico De Bellota -
- Tomato Fresco – Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, store all contents in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
Cured Meats and Cheese
- Remove the ham, chorizo, salchichon, and cheese from the refrigerator at least one hour before enjoying.
- Open the bags and place the cheese and cured meats on a wooden board, serving plate, or a platter of your choice!
Pan con Tomate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Open the bag containing the “Pan de cristal” loaf.
- Slice the bread all along the loaf
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove the loaf from the oven once toasted
- Spread the tomato pulp over the toasted loaf
- Season with salt and José Andrés olive oil
- Pour vegetable oil into a small sauce pan, about two inches from the bottom
- Heat the oil until it reaches 360 degrees
- Drop the croquetas in the hot oil and fry until golden brown
- Using two forks, and being careful so you don’t burn yourself, remove the croquetas from the oil and place them on top of a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess of oil.
- Chef José Andrés ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.