The “secreto Iberico de bellota” cut of pork, from the Iberico pig’s shoulder, is so hard to find (and prized!) that smart butchers save it for themselves. Sourced from Spain’s best Iberico farms, this beautifully marbled, juicy pork steak pairs perfectly with traditional aioli sauce and a side of vibrant pan con tomate.
Not only has José Andrés done more than just about anyone else to introduce Americans to Spanish cuisine, the James Beard Award-winning chef is also a tireless advocate for immigration reform, New York Times bestselling author, educator, television personality, humanitarian, and founder of World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit that notably served over 3.6 million meals to the people of Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria and has since delivered more than 60 million meals to people in need in the wake of natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Since emigrating to America at age 21, Andrés has opened a stunning array of more than 30 restaurants, from traditional tapas joints (Jaleo) to a sprawling Spanish food hall (NYC’s Mercado Little Spain) to a two Michelin Star tasting counter (DC’s minibar by José Andrés). Chef José Andrés’ most iconic dishes are now shipping nationwide!
This package serves 4 people and includes
- Secreto Iberico De Bellota Steak (2 lbs.)
- Pan Con Tomate
- 1 loaf Cristal Bread (20″ × 4″)
- 1 pt. Fresh Tomato Spread
- Aioli (8 oz.)
- Secreto Iberico De Bellota Steak – Iberico Pork
- Cristal Bread -
- Fresh Tomato Spread – Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Salt
- Aioli – Garlic, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Eggs
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, store all items in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
Pan con Tomate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Open the bag containing the “Pan de cristal” loaf.
- Slice the bread all along the circumference
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove the loaf from the oven once toasted
- Spread the tomato pulp over the toasted loaf
- Season with salt and José Andrés olive oil
- Remove the Secreto ibérico from the plastic bag and use a paper towel to dry the meat from excess moisture.
- Preheat a pan or turn on the grill if you have one, and add some vegetable oil to the meat (olive oil preferred if possible) and place the meat on the hot pan or the hot grill.
- Cook for 90 seconds per side.
- Take the piece of meat out from the fire and season with sea salt and black pepper
Chef’s Tip: Once the pork is cooked let it rest 2 minutes before slicing so you don’t lose the juices. Place the sliced secreto ibérico on top of pieces of pan con tomate and add some drops of aioli on top!Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Chef José Andrés ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.