“Canelones” may as well translate to “comfort food” in Spanish. The traditional dish from Catalunya is made by filling pasta with a stew of pork, chicken, and foie gras, then baking it with béchamel sauce and Manchego cheese. Rich, warm, and homey, it’s exactly what you never knew you needed for your next pasta craving.
Not only has José Andrés done more than just about anyone else to introduce Americans to Spanish cuisine, the James Beard Award-winning chef is also a tireless advocate for immigration reform, New York Times bestselling author, educator, television personality, humanitarian, and founder of World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit that notably served over 3.6 million meals to the people of Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria and has since delivered more than 60 million meals to people in need in the wake of natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Since emigrating to America at age 21, Andrés has opened a stunning array of more than 30 restaurants, from traditional tapas joints (Jaleo) to a sprawling Spanish food hall (NYC’s Mercado Little Spain) to a two Michelin Star tasting counter (DC’s minibar by José Andrés). Chef José Andrés’ most iconic dishes are now shipping nationwide!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes 3 Trays of Canelones stuffed with Chicken, Pork, and Duck Foie Gras with Bechamel and Manchego Cheese
- Each tray includes 3 Canelones (9 Canelones Total) (each 3 oz.)
- Each tray weighs 21 oz.
- Canelones – Olive Oil, Onions, Garlic, Thyme, Salt, Black Pepper, Pork, Chicken, Foie Gras, Butter, Flour, Milk, White Pepper, Nutmeg, Manchego Cheese, Bread Crumbs
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, store in the refrigerator or freezer
- May be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place Canelones tray in oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown
- If your oven is not powerful enough and the cheese is not getting any brown color, turn on broiler mode for 3-4 minutes.
- Chef’s Tip: Make sure you have nice bread handy. You won’t want to miss soaking up the amazing sauce!
- Chef José Andrés ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.