Cider Roasted Apple Pie in Double Cheddar Crust
LA Weekly rated this pie as the Best Pie in LA! The whimsical bakers at LA’s Cake Monkey are reinventing our favorite childhood treats and making them even better than we ever imagined. To make the savory crust, Cake Monkey cuts shreds of cheddar cheese into the pie dough before it’s rolled out. Sweet Pink Lady and tart Granny Smith apples are then roasted in Vermont cider jelly, brown butter and vanilla bean to make the filling for this unconventional, but completely satisfying pie.
- Each pie is approximately 9-inches in diameter and serves 8-10 people
apples, butter, cider jelly, sugar, flour, cheddar cheese, cider vinegar, baking powder, water, salt
Instructions / Storage
- Remove the pie from the insulated container and bring to room temperature.
- Each pie is delicious at room temperature
- For best enjoyment, reheat the room temp pie in your oven for 10 minutes at 325 degrees
- The pie does should not be kept in the refrigerator and will keep at room temp for 3 – 4 days.
- For longer storage, you may keep it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Cake Monkey ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.