This kit contains housemade fettuccine along with Broders’ legendary Bolognese sauce, a meat-based sauce from the region of Emilia-Romanga!
Back in 1981, Molly and Thomas Broder took an inspirational trip to the culinary capital of Bologna, Italy, and they returned to the States with a goal of bringing authentic Italian food and fresh-made pasta to Minneapolis. The following year, they opened Broders’ Cucina Italiana, and since then (along with additional restaurants, including a nearby “pasta bar”) it’s become a cornerstone of the community, and one of the very best Italian restaurants and markets in America.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 lbs. of Fettuccine
- 2 Pts. of Bolognese Sauce
- Fettuccine – Egg Pasta (Egg, Durum Wheat Flour, Water)
- Bolognese – Bolognese (Whole Tomatoes (Vine Ripened Fresh Plum Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Fresh Basil Leaf, Salt and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Tomatoes (Vine-ripened Fresh Tomatoes, Salt, Calcium Chloride and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Berkshire Pork, Grass Fed Beef, Whole Milk (Whole Milk, Vitamin D3), White Wine (Contains Sulÿtes), Carrots, Celery, Onion, Butter (Pasteurized Cream, Salt), Basil, Olive Oil, Garlic, Nutmeg, Salt, Black Pepper)
Produced in a facility that handles nuts, gluten, dairy
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from package and store in the refrigerator or freezer
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
- Place 2 tablespoons water into a saucepan
- Empty frozen or thawed sauce into the pan
- On low heat, let sauce gradually thaw or heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once sauce has thawed completely, increase heat to medium and stir until sauce has come to a boil.
- Remove from heat or keep extra-low until pasta is ready to add
- Boil 1 gallon of water per pound of pasta.
- Add 3 tablespoons salt to boiling water
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir to prevent clumping
- Cook 1-3 min or until pasta floats
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water
- Add cooked pasta to the simmering sauce along with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and reduce 1-2min, (optional, add grated parmesan cheese, butter, or olive oil at this point)stirring vigorously to create an even consistency
- Serve and enjoy!
- Broders’ Cucina Italiana ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.