Levee High Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
Everyone in the historic town of Kimmswick, MO, knows Mary Hostetter’s restaurant is the spot for a delicious, country-style meal. But word of her famously tall, flaky-crusted Levee-High Apple Pie—each one piled high with 18 hand-peeled and hand-sliced apples has traveled around the world and made Blue Owl Bakery a source for a true slice of heaven.
The Blue Owl’s world-famous Levee High Caramel Pecan Apple Pie® is one of Oprah’s Favorite Things! This pie in the sky features 18 Golden Delicious Apples, piled high in a made-from-scratch crust. To achieve their signature height, each apple is hand-peeled and hand-placed in the pie. Enjoy a hot, fresh Blue Owl Levee High Caramel Apple Pecan Pie baked in your own oven.
Each Levee High Caramel Pecan Apple Pie is 9" and weighs 10 lbs.
- Pie Arrived Unbaked
- Serves 10-12 people
- Contains no preservatives
Instructions / Storage
- Pies arrive Unbaked made to order, frozen and shipped with dry ice. They arrive unbaked
- Upon arrival, place pies in the freezer. Frozen & unbaked pies can be kept for 3-4 weeks
- To serve, allow pie to thaw at room temperature for 5-6 hours. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Then bake in a 350F preheated oven for 60-75 minutes. Crust should be golden brown and apples soft when tested with a toothpick
- As pie cools, heat caramel pecan topping in microwave until soft and spreadable. Spread on top of the pie crust, starting above the fluting, and work upwards until the entire pie is covered
- Once baked, pies can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Blue Owl Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.