Blue Owl Bakery ships its Levee High Apple Pie nationwide on Goldbelly! The Blue Owl’s world-famous Levee High Apple Pie® features 18 Golden Delicious Apples, piled high in a made-from-scratch crust. To achieve the pie’s signature height, each apple is hand-peeled and hand-placed in the pie. Enjoy a hot, fresh Blue Owl Levee High Apple Pie baked in your own oven. The pie will be shipped frozen and ready to bake with easy-to-follow baking instructions.
Everyone in the historic town of Kimmswick, Missouri, knows Mary Hostetter’s Blue Owl, founded in 1983, is the spot for a delicious, country-style meal. Word of her famously tall, flaky-crusted Levee-High Apple Pie quickly traveled around the world and made her down-home Blue Owl Bakery a source for a true slice of heaven. The Levee-High Apple Pie was named one of Oprah’s Favorite Things!
- Each Levee High Apple Pie is 9" and weighs 10 lbs.
- Serves 10-12 people
- Contains no preservatives
Instructions / Storage
- Step 1. Crack 2 eggs and mix to make an egg wash mixture
- Step 2. Brush the top of the frozen pie with the egg wash mixture and sprinkle with sugar
- Step 3. Bake in a 375F preheated oven for 60-75 minutes. Crust should be golden brown and apples soft when tested with a toothpick
- Step 4. Allow pie to cool and enjoy!
Pies are made to order, frozen and shipped with dry ice. They arrive unbaked. Upon arrival, place pies in the freezer. Frozen & unbaked pies can be kept for 4-8 weeks. Once baked, pies can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Blue Owl Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.