Levee High Apple Pie
Everyone in the historic town of Kimmswick, MO, knows Mary Hostetter’s restaurant is the spot for a delicious, country-style meal. But word of her famously tall, flaky-crusted Levee-High Apple Pie—each one piled high with 18 hand-peeled and hand-sliced apples has traveled around the world and made Blue Owl Bakery a source for a true slice of heaven.
The Blue Owl’s world-famous Levee High Apple Pie® is one of Oprah’s Favorite Things! This pie in the sky features 18 Golden Delicious Apples, piled high in a made-from-scratch crust. To achieve their signature height, each apple is hand-peeled and hand-placed in the pie. Enjoy a hot, fresh Blue Owl Levee High Apple Pie baked in your own oven. Pie will be shipped frozen and ready to bake with easy-to-follow baking instructions.
- Each Levee High Apple Pie is 9" and weighs 10 lbs.
- Serves 10-12 people
- Contains no preservatives
Instructions / Storage
- Pies are made to order, frozen and shipped with dry ice. They arrive unbaked
- Upon arrival, place pies in the freezer. Frozen & unbaked pies can be kept for 3-4 weeks
- To serve, allow pie to thaw at room temperature for 5-6 hours. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Then bake in a 350F preheated oven for 60-75 minutes. Crust should be golden brown and apples soft when tested with a toothpick.
- Once baked, pies can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Blue Owl Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.