“Bullwhip” is the local name for our favorite type of kelp — bull kelp. Abundant in Alaska, kelp packs unmatched savory flavor and amazing nutrition — vitamins, minerals, it has it all!
This hot sauce is flavor first, heat second. A deep savory flavor from the kelp paired with heat from Piri Piri pepper will ignite your taste buds and leave your mouth warm.
This hot sauce ages well — buy one to eat now, save one for later, and give one to a friend!
Kelp is abundant in Alaskan waters. A type of seaweed, it’s deliciously briny and savory, sustainable, and packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and iodine. Barnacle Foods founders Matt Kern and Lia Heifetz began collecting bull kelp while on their way home from fishing trips, and in 2016 they founded Barnacle Foods to share their recipes — inspired by recipes from some of the original coastal Alaskan homesteaders — with the public.
This package includes 3 bottles of Barnacle’s Award-Winning Kelp & Piri Piri Hot Sauce
- Each bottle is 10 oz and contains roughly 30 servings
Bullwhip Hot Sauce: Alaskan Bull Kelp, Water, Vinegar, Tomato, Vegetable Oil, Garlic, Salt, Piri Piri, Xantham Gum
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship without coolant and arrive ready to enjoy
- Each bottle can be used for multiple occasions and is shelf-stable for longer-term storage. But we think you’ll want to crack them and enjoy them right away.
- Barnacle ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.