Bar Bill Tavern ships its famous beef on weck nationwide on Goldbelly! Bar Bill’s signature beef on weck is as old as the tavern itself. There may be bigger names in the Buffalo bar scene, but ask the locals where to go, and they’ll tell you that Bar Bill Tavern is the best — bar none. Featuring fresh baked Kimmelweck rolls purchased daily from a local baker as well as locally purchased horseradish, it’s evident from each bite that no detail is missed.
When Bar Bill Tavern opened in East Aurora, New York, in 1967, beef on weck (roast beef on a salt- and caraway-topped Kummelweck roll) was the only item on the menu. Founded by Barb and Bill Korzelius, the bar was sold to Joe Giafaglione in 1977, who expanded the tavern’s offerings, including adding its signature Buffalo chicken wings. Today, Bar Bill Tavern is a beloved Buffalo bar that makes some of the best Buffalo wings in America. Bar Bill Tavern was named the “Best Wing Joint in the Country” by The Huffington Post.
Each pack of Bar Bill’s legendary ‘Beef on Weck’ Sandwich Pack serves 4 people and includes:
- 40 oz. of fresh sliced roast beef. Roast beef arrives in 10 oz. packs
- 4 fresh baked kimmelweck rolls (round rolls coated in salt crystals and caraway seeds)
- 8 oz. of horseradish
- 16 oz. of au jus
Instructions / Storage
- Beef on Weck is made fresh, shipped with ice packs and may arrive frozen or semi-defrosted
- To serve, pour the au jus into a sauce pan and heat on the stove until warm, without bringing it to a boil. Dip one pack of beef into the warmed au jus for 30 seconds or to taste. Slice a roll in half and toast in an oven or toaster oven. Finally, pace one pack of beef on a roll and add horseradish to taste—caution Bar Bill’s horseradish is hot!
- The roast beef can be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight plastic wrap or container for up to 3 days
- Rolls can be stored on the counter or refrigerator until serving
- We do not recommend freezing this package
- The Bar Bill Tavern ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.