Our classic recipe, perfected in the 1960’s at Angelina’s Restaurant in Baltimore, Maryland. This Chesapeake Bay delicacy is crafted by hand using 100% domestic jumbo-lump blue crab meat – no imported crab meat!! We add only as much filler as necessary to hold the lumps together and insist on premium ingredients at every turn, including handmade white bread crumbs and fresh parsley. A palette of subtle spices brings forth the natural qualities of the most flavorful and sought-after crab meat available. Simply put, these are the finest quality crab cakes your money can buy.
Since 1952, Angelina’s of Maryland has been making its famous Maryland blue crab cakes. First in a row house, then via an Italian grocery, later a restaurant, and now in a kitchen on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, the same legendary Maryland crab cake are made with heaps of jumbo lump Atlantic blue crab.
We continue to focus as much as possible on local sources, but recent changes in supply make it necessary at times to source crab further from home. Therefore our mix of fresh Atlantic Blue Crab may currently include varied sources from the Americas.
This package includes your choice of 6-48 Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
- Each Jumbo Lump Crab Cake weighs 4 oz.
Jumbo Lump Crab Cake – Blue crab, Bread crumbs [Enriched flour (Wheat flour, Malted barley flour, Niacin, Reduced iron, Thiamin mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic acid), Water, High fructose corn syrup], Whole egg (Egg, Citric acid, Water), Mayonnaise [Soybean oil, Corn syrup, Water, Egg yolks, Distilled and cider vinegar, Salt, Spice, Calcium disodium EDTA (added to protect flavor)]. Contains 2% or less of the following: Spice, Baking powder (Cornstarch, Sodium bicarbonate, Sodium aluminum sulfate, Monocalcium phosphate), Monosodium glutamate, Yeast, Calcium propionate (a preservative), Guar gum, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Calcium sulfate, DATEM, Enzymes, Ammonium sulfate, Ascorbic acid (dough conditioner).
Instructions / Storage
- Angelina’s ships frozen with dry ice
- Dry ice may dissipate in transit
- Contents may thaw in transit
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place in the fridge or freezer
- May be kept frozen for up to 6 months
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days
- Over medium heat, sauté crab cakes in a small amount of butter or oil (about 1T).
- Heat each side until nicely browned.
You may gently flatten crab cakes for even heating and browning.
- Add lemon juice or white wine to taste.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 4-5 minutes until centers reach 165°F.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place crab cakes on baking pan and top with butter, lemon juice and/or white wine to taste.
- Bake to an internal temperature of 165°F (approx. 12-18 minutes for 1.5 ounce crab cakes).
For crispier crab cakes, finish by broiling to desired color.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Place crab cakes on a microwave-safe plate and top with 2 teaspoons of lemon or white wine and a teaspoon of butter or margarine.
- Cover and heat on High (4-5 minutes for one or two 8-ounce crab cakes, 3-4 minutes for one or two 4-ounce crab cakes, 2-3 minutes for one or two 1.5-ounce crab cakes). Longer cooking times are necessary for preparing more than two crab cakes at a time.
- Cook until centers reach 165°F.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Angelina’s of Maryland ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.