Angelina’s of Maryland ships its Smith Island Cake nationwide on Goldbelly! The Smith Island Cake is a traditional dessert originating on Smith Island — Maryland’s only inhabited island in the Chesapeake Bay. Featuring nine layers of ultra-thin yellow cake separated by mouth-watering, cooked chocolate icing, this decadent treat was named Maryland’s state dessert in 2008.
“The Eastern Shore has had a love affair with cakes from the early days of our Chesapeake heritage. In our hearts, nothing is worse than an empty cake stand with little left but a few crumbs…enjoy a delicious piece of history with one of our homemade 9 layer cakes.” — Dana Evans, Producer.
Angelina’s of Maryland crab cakes have been renowned in Baltimore and beyond for decades. Established in a row home in 1952 as a small Italian grocery, then a restaurant, and now prepared on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, Angelina’s of Maryland creates Baltimore’s Best Maryland crab cake with heaps of jumbo lump Atlantic blue crab.
Serves 14-20 people
- Each cake is 9" round with nine ultra-thin layers of yellow cake separated by chocolate icing.
Instructions / Storage
- Angelina’s ships frozen with dry ice
- Dry ice may dissipate in transit
- Contents may thaw in transit
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place in the fridge or freezer
- May be kept frozen for up to 6 months
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days
- Angelina’s of Maryland ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.