The Smith Island Cake is a tradtional dessert originating on Smith Island – Maryland’s only inhabited island in the Chesapeake Bay. Featuring nine layers of ultra-thin yellow cake separated by mouth-watering, cooked chocolate icing, this decadent treat was named Maryland’s state desert in 2008.
“The Eastern Shore has had a love affair with cakes from the early days of our Chesapeake heritage. In our hearts, nothing is worse than an empty cakestand with little left but a few crumbs…enjoy a delicious piece of history with one of our homeade 9 layer cakes.” – Dana Evans, Producer
Serves 14-20 people
- Each cake is 9" round with nine ultra-thin layers of yellow cake separated by chocolate icing.
- Angelina’s of Maryland ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.