The Smith Island Cake is a tradtional dessert originating on Smith Island – Maryland’s only inhabited island in the Chesapeake Bay. Featuring nine layers of ultra-thin yellow cake separated by mouth-watering, cooked chocolate icing, this decadent treat was named Maryland’s state desert in 2008.
“The Eastern Shore has had a love affair with cakes from the early days of our Chesapeake heritage. In our hearts, nothing is worse than an empty cakestand with little left but a few crumbs…enjoy a delicious piece of history with one of our homeade 9 layer cakes.” – Dana Evans, Producer
Serves 14-20 people
- Each cake is 9" round with nine ultra-thin layers of yellow cake separated by chocolate icing.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Angelina’s of Maryland ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.