This is the burger that made the 5-8 Club famous and put Minneapolis on America’s culinary map! These 100% USDA Choice Angus beef burgers are stuffed full of cheese, seasoned to perfection, and grilled to a sizzle. To top if off, they serve their cheesy creations on a bakery fresh bun. Time Magazine has listed the Juicy Lucy as one of the most influential burgers of all time!
5-8’s sweet potato tots are paired with a homemade marshmallow bleu dipping sauce for the perfect blend of salty and sweet. They’re the perfect companion for a Juicy Lucy!
If you know burgers, you know the Juicy Lucy. And if you know the Juicy Lucy, you know that THE place to find it in its hometown of Minneapolis is the 5-8 Club. The 5-8 Club first opened its doors as a speakeasy back during the height of Prohibition in 1928. Nowadays, it has four Twin Cities locations, and it’s become renowned worldwide for its signature creation: the cheese-stuffed Juicy Lucy burger, easily one of the best and most legendary burgers in America.
This package serves 4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 Classic Juicy Lucies
- 4 Classic Juicy Lucy Patties (each approx 6.5 oz.)
- 4 Buns
- Pickles (.1 oz.)
- Seasoning (.5 oz.)
- Sweet Potato Puffs (16 oz.)
- Marshmallow Bleu Sauce (1.1 oz.)
- Each Patty measures approx 3.5″ × 3.5″ × 1.25″
- Choose to add a T-Shirt to your order
- Buns – Contains: Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- Juicy Lucy Patty and Cheese – Ground Beef, American Cheese, Bleu Cheese, P. Roqueforti Habanero Jack Cheese.
- 5-8 Seasoning – Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar, Spices Including Paprika, Turmeric, Onion, Corn Starch, and Garlic
- Pickles – Cucumbers, Water, Vinegar, Salt
- Sweet Potato Tots – Sweet Potatoes, Sugar, Corn Starch, Vegetable Oil
- Marshmallow Bleu Sauce Ingredients – High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains: Milk Heavy Cream, Carrageenan. Contains: Milk
Instructions / Storage
- Jucy Lucies ship with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- If you ordered Sweet Potato Puffs, they are best kept in the freezer
- All other ingredients should be kept refrigerated until cooking
- May be kept refrigerated for 2-3 days
- Remove Juicy Lucys from their packaging, being careful to keep track of each variety your ordered.
- Pre-Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet to 450-500 degrees (medium-high) or heat your grill to a similar temperature.
- Press/ crimp the edges of each Juicy Lucy patty to make sure you have a tight seal for the cheese.
- Season both sides of the patty to your liking with 5-8 Seasoning. (We sent enough extra that you can save some to use on some other burgers too.)
- Cook 10 minutes then lower the heat to medium and flip, cooking for another 5-8 minutes . Total cooking time is usually 15-20 minutes
- Burger is recommended to be cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Hamburger may be enjoyed undercooked, but please remember that consuming raw or undercooked meats may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- While the Juicy Lucy is cooking, toast your bun by placing it inside-side down on a hot griddle or pan. When toasted, remove the bun.
- Place pickles as desired on the bottom bun. Lay the patty on the bottom bun, cover with top bun and enjoy.
- Be careful, the cheese is hot!
Sweet Potato Puffs
- Upon arrival place the dipping sauce immediately in the fridge May be kept refrigerated for 3-4 days
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place puffs on a baking sheet and cook for 20-24 minutes or until crispy.
- Heat marshmallow bleu sauce in the microwave or in a saucepan until it is heated through.
- Serve with your Juicy Lucys and enjoy!
- 5-8 Club ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.