This kit provides you with everything you need to create what very well might be the best sandwich on earth: the Thanksgiving sandwich! included are sliced turkey breast, homestyle stuffing, Ocean Spray cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, and long rolls from beloved local bakery Liscio’s!
Located inside Philly’s famed Reading Terminal Market since 1983, family-owned and operated The Original Turkey was founded by Roger Bassett, who can still be found at the market, roasting over 40 turkeys every day and carving them by hand. These are some of the most pampered turkeys on earth. High-quality turkey breasts are brined and coated in a signature herb rub before being “steam roasted” to tender, juicy perfection. And don’t even get us started on the ham!
This package serves up to 6 people and includes everything you need to make 6 Thanksgiving Sandwiches.
- Roasted Turkey Breast, not sliced (approx. 2 lbs. total)
- 6 Liscio’s Long Rolls (each 16 oz.)
- Homestyle Stuffing (32 oz. total)
- 1 can of Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce (14 oz.)
- Turkey Gravy (16 oz.)
- Homestyle Stuffing may arrive in two 16 oz. containers
- Each Liscio’s Long Roll measures 10"
- Choose to add more!
Add On Options Include:
- Mac & Cheese (16 oz.)
- Fresh Baked Cornbread (4 Mini Loaves)
- Each loaf weighs 3 oz.
- Extra Turkey Gravy (16 oz.)
Turkey Breast: Turkey, Brine (Water, Salt, Spices) Herb Rub (Garlic, Oregano, Rosemary, Basil, Red Pepper, Orange Peel, Onion, Paprika, Celery)
Stuffing: White Bread, Wheat Bread, Rye Breads, Turkey Broth, Butter, Celery, Onion, Parsley, Poultry Seasoning
Liciso’s Rolls: Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Potassium Bromate, Folic Acid), Water, Dextrose, Dough Conditioner (Whey, Corn Flour, Monocalcium Phosphate, L-Cysteine Hydrochloride, Potassium Bromate), Salt, Yeast, Margarine (Canola and/or Soybean Oil, Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Oils), Dough Conditioner (Wheat Mono and Diglycerides, Ammonium Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Contains 2% or Less of Enzymes, Soybean Oil, Potassium Iodate).
Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce: Cranberries, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water
Turkey Gravy: Wheat Flour, Whey, Corn Starch, Soy, Palm Oil, Salt, Maltodextrin, Monosodium, Onion Powder, Turmeric, Caramel, Spices, Garlic Powder, Disodium Gauntlet, Inosinate
Mac & Cheese: Milk, Soybean Oil, 2% Or Less Bleached Wheat Flour, Modified Cornstarch, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Whey, Mono-and Diglycerides, Whey Protein, Latic Acid, Calcium Lactate.
Cornbread: Sugar, Wheat Flour, Eggs, Soybean Oil, Corn Meal, Food Starch, Baking Soda, Sodium Phosphate, Diglycerides, Rice Starch, Buttermilk, Salt, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum.
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs which may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove food packages from the box and place them immediately in the refrigerator
- Items may be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
- Freeze rolls if not using that day
Preparation Time: 30-45 min
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare the stuffing, first, remove the lid (which is not oven-safe) and cover with foil.
- Put stuffing in the oven and cook for 30 minutes
- Open packages, slice turkey to desired thickness and put turkey and gravy in a pot together.
- Open packages and put turkey and gravy in a pot together.
- Heat on medium-low heat to 145 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange rolls on a baking sheet.
- Put in the oven for 5 minutes to melt.
- Remove from oven.
- To start assembling the sandwich, first, spread stuffing and cranberry sauce on each roll.
- Place turkey slices on top of each roll.
- To start assembling the sandwich, first, spread ¼ each of the stuffing and cranberry sauce on each roll.
- Place ¼ of turkey slices on top of each roll.
- Spoon remaining gravy on top of turkey, if desired.
Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mac & Cheese come in oven-safe containers. However, you must REMOVE the lids before heating because they are NOT oven-safe. Cover with foil instead.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or to an internal temperature of 145 degrees
- The Original Turkey ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.