Atago Asian Pears
Atago is exceptionally large and flavorful. The only pear that comes in JUMBO size!
This juicy fruit is rich with subtle, tropical flavors of mango, kiwi, and passionfruit, as well as hints of citrus and melon. It is known for its wonderfully refreshing crunch when you bite into it.
Often heart-shaped, this traditional Asian Pear has a lovely caramel-colored skin.
We recommend Atago pears as a centerpiece on your holiday table. It’s a real conversation-starter to slice up and enjoy!
- 5-pear boxes contain approximately 5-7 lbs, straight from the farm
- Atago is the biggest variety from Subarashii Kudamono – order these if you want BIG pears!
- Asian Pears make for an exquisite and elegant year-end gift
- Get them while they last! Atago pears ripen later in the season and are available only November-December.
About Asian Pears – These fruits generally have a high water content and a crisp, grainy texture, very different from European varieties like Bartlett, Comice, Bosc or Anjou. They are commonly served raw and peeled, and tend to be quite large and fragrant.
- Fresh Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears grown in Lehigh Valley, PA
Instructions / Storage
- Due to their firm structure, pears can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Subarashii Kudamono ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.