EliSan Asian Pears
Asian Pears make for an exquisite and elegant year-end gift
About Asian Pears – These fruits generally have a high water content and a crisp, grainy texture, very different from European varieties like Bartlett, Comice, Bosc or Anjou. They are commonly served raw and peeled, and tend to be quite large and fragrant.
EliSan is an enchanting pear, with hints of kiwi and Granny Smith apple. (This proprietary variety was developed after years of cross-pollination, cross-breeding and grafting, and is named after the farm owner’s grandfather!)
Keeping the skin on will not alter the flavor with this variety. Bursting with juiciness, EliSan will pleasantly surprise you with its crisp and firm texture.
EliSan’s short stature is reminiscent of a petite pumpkin; it is a vibrant bronze color with a splash of green across the top and a rippled skin texture.
- 5-pear boxes contain approximately 5-6 lbs, straight from the farm
- 9-pear boxes contain approximately 9-10 lbs, straight from the farm
- Get them while they last! EliSan pears are picked only from mid October through December.
- Fresh Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears grown in Lehigh Valley, PA
Instructions / Storage
- Due to their firm structure, pears can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months
Use this flavor-rich pear for as a healthy snack. Also wonderful in a salsa a top meat or fish, try slicing and lightly baking it, served with salmon, and adorned with a sprig of thyme.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.