Niitaka Asian Pears
Asian Pears make for an exquisite and elegant year-end gift
About Asian Pears – These fruits generally have a high water content and a crisp, grainy texture, very different from European varieties like Bartlett, Comice, Bosc or Anjou. They are commonly served raw and peeled, and tend to be quite large and fragrant.
Niitaka are elegantly crisp with immensely refreshing flesh, particularly succulent due to its distinctive cell structure.
This traditional variety has undertones of nuttiness that will remind you of the sweetness of raw almonds. You may sense hints of yam, honeydew melon and rose upon tasting this pear with its skin on. If you peel it, you will taste hints of lush wisteria.
Niitaka originated in Japan and has a distinctive peaked shape like Mt. Fuji.
Often a more cashew color, this Asian Pear’s velvety skin can occasionally exhibit red rose undertones, but always has a copper sheen.
- 5-pear boxes contain approximately 5-6 lbs, straight from the farm
- 9-pear boxes contain approximately 9-10 lbs, straight from the farm
- Niitaka is the biggest variety from Subarashii Kudamono – order these if you want BIG pears!
- Asian Pears make for an exquisite and elegant year-end gift
- Get them while they last! Niitaka are harvested only mid- to late-October through December.
- Fresh Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears grown in Lehigh Valley, PA
Instructions / Storage
- Due to their firm structure, pears can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months
The growers like to enjoy Niitaka by melting Gruyère or Smoked Gouda cheese over wedges and serve with roasted garlic.
- Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.