Toasted Almond Chess Little Pie - 4 pack
A traditional chess pie but with the additional flavor of amaretto, and topped with slivered toasted almonds. Chess pie is an old English tradition, common to New England and Virginia (where Petee is from!). The pie is different from most buttermilk custard pies due to the addition of cornmeal.
- Each little pie is approximately 4" wide and an inch tall, and serves 1
- Each package includes FOUR pies that arrive individually boxed in an adorable branded paper box
Filling: Sugar, cornmeal, salt, buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, amaretto, almond emulsion, and vanilla extract
Crust: Organic pastry flour, grass-fed butter, organic sugar, sea salt and water
Instructions / Storage
- Pies ship fully cooked and should be enjoyed within 3 days of arrival if kept at room temperature
- Pies can be frozen upon arrival for up to 2 months, tightly wrapped
- To reheat pies after freezing, let pies thaw in refrigerator for 3 hours before baking in a 350ºF oven for 12 minutes
- To serve room temperature pies hot: Remove from box and warm in a oven for 10 minutes
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Petee’s Pie Company currently ships Monday through Thursday.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.