Our classic handmade round challah loaves are the perfect centerpiece for the holidays. Each loaf is shaped and baked by hand to achieve the iconic golden brown shiny crust synonymous with this classic Jewish treat.
Orwashers is a certified New York City institution. It was founded in 1916 as a small storefront on the Upper East Side by Hungarian immigrant Abraham Orwasher, who lived behind the bakery with his family and made deliveries by horse and buggy. After being passed on from generation to generation of the Orwasher family, the business was sold to Keith Cohen in 2008. Since then, Keith and his team have worked hard to respect the brand’s rich history while incorporating a distinctly current point of view. It remains one of New York’s best old-school bakeries!
This package serves 16-20 people and includes 2 Round Challahs, your choice
- Each challah serves 8-10 people and measures 12″ × 12″
Challah Flavor Options Include
- Plain (2 lbs.)
- Raisin (2.3 lbs.)
Plain – Wheat Flour, Water, Egg Yolks, Oil, White Sugar, Salt, Yeast
Raisin – Wheat Flour, Water, Egg Yolks, Oil, White Sugar, Salt, Yeast, Raisins, Golden Raisins
Instructions / Storage
- Challah arrives ready to enjoy!
- Upon arrival, store challah at room temperature or in the freezer.
- Challah lasts up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Orwashers ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.