The Duck Pie was developed by Chef Sean Gray and the team at Momofuku Ko, where it’s one of the signature dishes. The pie is filled with duck meat from Upstate New York, Hudson Valley foie gras, Tubby cheese from Spring Brook Farm in Vermont, and vin jaune. Chef Sean is known for his technique-driven approach to cooking, and the pie is a study in buttery-flaky layers. It also features an umami-rich sauce made of black beans, butter, and Normandy cider vinegar.
Few chefs, and restaurants, have done more to influence restaurant dining in America over the past two decades than David Chang and his Momofuku. But what’s today a certified empire with restaurants around the world began way back in 2004, with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. From then on Momofuku became synonymous with edgy, super-inventive spins on Asian cuisine in casual, minimalist dining rooms.
Duck Pie is pre-baked, but must be reheated prior to enjoying.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 1 Duck Pie
- 4 oz. Sauce
- Each Duck Pie measures 9" and weighs 1.5 lbs.
Duck Pie – Flour, Butter, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Duck, Chicken, Foie Gras, White Wine, Shallot, Cheese, Sourdough Bread, Fermented Black Bean, Cider Vinegar, Onion, Celery, Carrot, Garlic, Bay Leaf; Puff Pastry: Butter, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Salt, Vinegar
Chili Crunch – Grapeseed Oil, Puya Chile, Coconut Sugar, Onion, Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Japones Chiles, Chili de Arbol, Shiitake Mushroom Powder, Salt, Red Bell Pepper Powder, Shallots (Freeze-fried), Yeast Extract, Seaweed. Contains: Sesame
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships fresh with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove contents from packaging and store in the fridge until ready to use
- Duck Pie is best consumed immediately but may be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen up to 6 months
- If pie is frozen, defrost overnight in the refrigerator prior to reheating
- Chili Crunch can be stored at room temperature and is shelf stable
- Baking tray
- Small Sauce Pot
Heat the Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Remove plastic from pie.
- Place pie on the baking tray
- Reheat the pie in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes, or until warmed
- While the pie is in the oven, prepare the black bean sauce
- Warm bag of sauce under warm water until it liquefies
- Empty contents of bag into sauce pot and bring to light simmer over a low flame
while pie is heating
- Keep warm until ready to serve. spoon sauce alongside the duck pie.
- Momofuku ships Tuesday through Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.