Nothing spells comfort like roasted chicken, and this dinner from Streetbird is all about comfort. Whole roasted, honey glazed chicken with a creamy aji Verde sauce, spicy slaw, sweet potato apple gratin, and tomato braised kale
One of America’s most famous and talented chefs, Marcus Samuelsson was the youngest chef to earn three stars from the New York Times. Chef Samuelsson helped spark a Harlem culinary renaissance with Red Rooster and Streetbird, the latter which is his celebration of art, hip hop, and, of course, the bird. Samuelsson has earned many accolades, including winning “Top Chef Masters,” “Chopped All Stars,” and six James Beard Awards. Samuelsson is the host of “No Passport Required” on PBS, and Streetbird, which opened in 2015, was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: Take Out Edition.”
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 1 Whole Roasted Chicken (approx. 3 lbs.)
- 1 squeeze bottle of Aji Verde (4 oz.)
- Tomato Braised Kale (16 oz.)
- Spicy Slaw (16 oz.)
- Sweet Potato Apple Gratin (16 oz.)
- Chicken – Chicken, Soy, Sugar, Salt, Thyme, Scoth Bonnet, Garlic, Ginger, Bay Leaf, Canola Oil, Lime, Berbere, Black Pepper, Cumin, Honey, Lemon
- Aji Verde – Jalapeno, Cilantro, Garlic, Lime, Mayo, Salt
- Tomato Braised Kale – Kale, Tomato, Onion, Brown Sugar, Smoked Paprika, Apple Cider Vinaiger, Butter
- Spicy Slaw – Red Cabbage, Distilled White Vinegar, Scotch Bonnet, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Salt, Clove
- Sweet Potato Gratin – Sweet Potato, Apple, Butter, Milk, Shallot, Salt, Thyme
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and place immediately in the fridge
- Please use within 1 day of receipt
Roasted Honey Glazed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and cook for 17-20 minutes, or until fully heated through
Tomato Braised Kale
- While the chicken is heating, warm up the kale
- To microwave vent the lid of containers and microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Remove from the microwave, stir and heat on high for 1 more minute.
- To heat on stovetop place kale in a small pot and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fully heated through.
Sweet Potato Apple Gratin
- While the chicken is heating, place the sweet potato apple gratin dishes on another baking sheet and place in the 350F oven with the chicken
- Cook for 12- 15 minutes, or until fully heated through.
- Place an equal amount of kale and sweet potato apple gratin on each plate
- Gently place chicken on top of kale
- Garnish with slaw and sauce liberally with Aji Verde.
- Marcus Samuelsson’s Streetbird ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.