Kalamata’s Kitchen is on a mission to inspire families to experience the whole world through adventures with food. It’s all centered around a little girl with South Indian roots, named Kalamata, and her stuffed alligator pal Al Dente. Together, they experience flavors from around the world while gaining a deep understanding of the people, places and cultures they visit. Kalamata’s Kitchen is excited to partner with Malai to create a fun and unique ice cream pack and experience for kids (and adults!) using some of our favorite flavors that Pooja, the founder of Malai, has dreamed up.
Malai Ice Cream’s founder Pooja Bavishi uses ice cream as the perfect blank slate to showcase the familiar flavors of her childhood – warm spices and aromatic flavors like ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and saffron. Founded in 2015, Malai means “cream of the crop,” and is a fitting name for Pooja’s ice cream creations, which draw inspiration from globally-sourced, whole ingredients, and aromatic spices to create unexpected twists on classic ice cream flavors. Pooja crafts her small-batch artisanal ice cream by hand, creating totally unique and satisfying flavors.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes 4 Pints of ice cream
- Each Pint weighs 16 oz.
- Bonus! Spicewalla cardamom pouch included to create your own paal payasam inspired topping!
- 1 Hibiscus Chaat Masala Sorbet – Fruity and floral with a hint of tartness – the chaat masala is a blend of spices that adds a nice savory umami to this unique sorbet. Dairy-free and Vegan
- 1 Sweet Milk – Think condensed milk in ice cream form. Sweet simplicity.
Get the recipe here for Pooja’s paal payasum inspired topping when you order!
- 1 Mango and Cream – This flavor combines the simplicity of sweet milk with a fruity, tangy and sweet mango and puree. It’s almost an ice cream and sorbet in one!
- 1 Carrot Halwa – Carrots sauteed in ghee, and a touch of cardamom. If you’ve ever had the carrot halwa dessert, you’ll know exactly what to expect with this ice cream.
Sweet Milk – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Non-fat Milk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Tapioca Starch, Salt Contains: Dairy
Mango & Cream – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Mango, Non-fat Milk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Tapioca Starch, Salt Contains: Dairy
Carrot Halwa – Whole Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Non-Fat milk, Carrots, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Ghee (clarified butter), Inverted Sugar Syrup, Diaspora Co. Cardamom, Tapioca Starch, Salt Contains: Dairy
Hibiscus Chaat Masala – Water, Dried Hibiscus, Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Chaat Masala (Dry Mango, Black Salt, Cumin, Salt, Coriander, Chili, Musk Melon, Black Pepper, Ginger, Citric Acid), Salt, Lemon Juice
Instructions / Storage
- This package arrives frozen with dry ice
- Dry Ice may dissipate in transit
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival store Ice Cream in the freezer for up to 6 months
- To enjoy right away, let them rest at room temperature for 10 minutes or until you can just slightly squeeze the pints.
- Malai ships Monday and Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.