We are so excited to share the latest collection – Chaat in frozen form! Inspired by the savory chutneys made by her mother, Malai’s founder, Pooja, transformed the iconic flavors of chaat into ice cream, in partnership with Maneet Chauhan, culinary prowess and author of the cookbook, Chaat, to take the box to the next level. Maneet notes that “chaat is all about contrasting textures and flavors and combining those smells and tastes to transform a dish into something new, seasonal and fresh.” Both Pooja and Maneet pulled from nostalgic memories to craft every component in this delicious collection. Pooja shares that “Whenever my family had chaat at home, it was a celebration of coordinated chaos. When it was time to eat, bowls would be passed around and everyone would have their own version of the same chaat: adding more date tamarind chutney on top mid-eating, crumbling in crispy puri, or tossing more pomegranate seeds on top.
A percentage of sales from the Chaat Party Box will go to World Central Kitchen India to aid with the Covid relief efforts and to ensure that hospital workers receive fresh food.
Fresh herbs meet complex spices, a tang of yogurt, richness of dates, tart pomegranate, and crunchy toppings to build a chaat sundae that is best when shared with others. This collection is an homage to family gatherings and celebrations. Enjoy with your loved ones. Pass the bowls around and make it exactly how you like it. Have a chaat party!
Malai Ice Cream’s founder Pooja Bavishi uses ice cream as the perfect blank slate to showcase the familiar flavors of her childhood – warm spices and aromatic flavors like ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and saffron. Founded in 2015, Malai means “cream of the crop,” and is a fitting name for Pooja’s ice cream creations, which draw inspiration from globally-sourced, whole ingredients, and aromatic spices to create unexpected twists on classic ice cream flavors. Pooja crafts her small-batch artisanal ice cream by hand, creating totally unique and satisfying flavors.
This Party Box serves 9-12 people includes includes 3 Pints of Ice Cream and 3 Toppings
- Each Topping measures (4 oz.)
- Choose to Add-on Maneet Chauhan’s Cookbook: Chaat
Ice Cream Flavors include
- Roasted Cumin Frozen Yogurt – Creamy with a bright tang, the rich, sweet notes of frozen yogurt are balanced by toasted cumin’s smokiness and subtle fruitiness.
- Date Tamarind Ice Cream – Tart, sweet and lightly spiced, this pint plays on the rich caramel sweetness of dates, balanced by the tang of the tamarind, and rounded out with subtle spice notes of fragrant cinnamon, clove and a hint of cayenne pepper.
- Cilantro Mint Sorbet – Refreshing and herbaceous, our Cilantro Mint sorbet is a scoop of a summer garden with a kick of heat from serrano chilies to wake your taste buds.
- Strawberry Pomegranate Sauce – Sweet notes of summer strawberries blend with bright, tart flavors of pomegranate and woodsy notes of fennel seeds in this sauce.
- Boondi – Tiny, soft, crunchy bits of fried chickpea flour, this topping adds a savory balance to the box.
- Shakarpara – This crispy, sweet topping adds the perfect crunch to any scoop.
Date Tamarind Ice Cream – Whole Milk, Heavy Cream, Cane Sugar, Medjool Dates, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Nonfat Milk, Tamarind Puree, Inverted Sugar Syrup, Tapioca Starch, Salt, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cayenne Pepper. Contains: Milk
Roasted Cumin Frozen Yogurt – Yogurt (Cultured Pasteurized Organic Whole Milk, Pectin, Vitamin D3, Live Active Cultures: s. Thermophilus, l. Bulgaricus, l. Acidophilus, Bifidus, l. Casei, and l. Rhamnosus), Cane Sugar, Heavy Cream, Glucose Syrup, Salt, Burlap & Barrel Wild Mountain Cumin. Contains: Milk
Cilantro Mint Sorbe – Water, Cane Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Lemon Juice, Xanthan Gum, Cilantro, Mint, Serrano Peppers, Salt
Pomegranate Strawberry Coulis – Pomegranate Juice (Pomegranates), Strawberries, Cane Sugar, Fennel Seed, Salt
Shakarpara – Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Cane Sugar, Whole Milk, Ghee (Clarified Butter), Salt, Canola Oil
Boondi – Chickpea Flour, Palmolein Oil, Iodized Salt, Spices
Instructions / Storage
- This package arrives frozen with dry ice
- Dry Ice may dissipate in transit
- Do Not Remove Dry Ice with Bare Hands
- Upon arrival store Ice Cream in the freezer for up to 6 months
- Toppings can be stored at room temperature for up to 3-5 days
- Malai ships Monday and Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.