With the holidays coming up, you need a way to feed a crowd. Liebman’s High Holiday Classic Jewish Appetizers come with 3 classic appetizers of your choice so you can stop worrying about cooking and enjoy your family and friends’ company.
When Joseph Liebman opened his restaurant in 1953, there were over 100 Jewish delis in the Bronx. Today, Liebman’s is the only one standing. For too many people, stepping into Liebman’s is a time warp—from its simple neon sign, to the no frills Formica tabletops and padded booths, this deli is a genuine taste of old New York.
- This package serves 4-6 people includes 3 appetizers of your choice:
Appetizer Choices Include
- Chopped Liver (1 lb.)
- Matzo Ball Soup (4 pt.)
- 4 Stuffed Cabbage rolls
- 2 Kugels – Choice of Potato, Potato & Spinach, Sweet Noodle (1 lb. each)
- 4 pieces of Gefilte Fish with Red Beet Horseradish
- Kasha Varnishkas (1 qt.)
- Kishka (1 lb.)
Chopped liver: chicken liver, chicken fat, onions, salt, pepper, eggs, sugar, matzo meal
Kugel (plain potato): potato, onions, eggs, canola oil, salt, pepper, flour, granulated garlic, baking powder
Kugel (spinach): potato, onions, eggs, canola oil, salt, pepper, flour, granulated garlic, baking powder, fresh spinach
Kugel (noodle): noodles, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, water, salt, cinnamon, assorted fruits
Kashak Varnishkas: pasta, kasha, onions, oil, salt, black pepper.
Stuffed cabbage: ground beef, cabbage, rice, salt, black pepper, bread crumbs, garlic, sugar (raisin gravy sauce – tomato paste, vinegar, honey, water, raisins, cabbage, salt, black pepper, sugar, ascorbic acid)
Gefilte fish: Minced Mullet, onion, eggs, oil, matzoh meal, sugar, white pepper, salt. see ingredients listed for other items above or on original spreadsheet
Broth: chicken, onions, celery, water, salt, pepper, herbs
Matzo Ball: eggs, matzo meal, schmaltz, salt, pepper, baking powder, garlic powder
Instructions / Storage
- Appetizers are shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Frozen items can be stored in freezer for several weeks. Fresh items can be stored in refrigerator for several days.
- To serve, follow the instructions below
Matzah Ball Soup
- Place thawed soup in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 3-4 minutes. Soup can also be warmed on a stove top
- Reheat stuffed cabbage rolls in a pot, in the sauce they came in, over a low flame for 15-20 min
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Liebman’s Deli ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.