With the holidays coming up, you need a way to feed a crowd. Liebman’s High Holiday Classic Jewish Appetizers come with 3 classic appetizers of your choice so you can stop worrying about cooking and enjoy your family and friends’ company.
When Joseph Liebman opened Liebman’s Kosher Deli in 1953, there were over 100 Jewish delis in the Bronx. Today, Liebman’s is the only one standing. In 1980, Joseph Dekel, a native Israeli, bought the kosher deli and went to great lengths to preserve Liebman’s old recipes. When he passed away in 2002, his son Yuval took over. Then a drummer in a heavy-metal band, he soon became a fixture at Liebman’s—and still is. Stepping into Liebman’s is a time warp—from its simple neon sign, to the no-frills Formica tabletops and padded booths, this Bronx deli is a genuine taste of old New York.
Meats included are kosher
- This package serves 4-6 people includes 3 appetizers of your choice:
Appetizer Choices Include
- Chopped Liver (1 lb.)
- Matzo Ball Soup (4 pt.)
- 4 Stuffed Cabbage rolls
- 2 Kugels – Choice of Potato, Potato & Spinach, Sweet Noodle (1 lb. each)
- 4 pieces of Gefilte Fish with Red Beet Horseradish
- Kasha Varnishkas (1 qt.)
- Kishka (1 lb.)
Chopped liver: chicken liver, chicken fat, onions, salt, pepper, eggs, sugar, matzo meal
Kugel (plain potato): potato, onions, eggs, canola oil, salt, pepper, flour, granulated garlic, baking powder
Kugel (spinach): potato, onions, eggs, canola oil, salt, pepper, flour, granulated garlic, baking powder, fresh spinach
Kugel (noodle): noodles, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, water, salt, cinnamon, assorted fruits
Kashak Varnishkas: pasta, kasha, onions, oil, salt, black pepper.
Stuffed cabbage: ground beef, cabbage, rice, salt, black pepper, bread crumbs, garlic, sugar (raisin gravy sauce – tomato paste, vinegar, honey, water, raisins, cabbage, salt, black pepper, sugar, ascorbic acid)
Gefilte fish: Minced Mullet, onion, eggs, oil, matzoh meal, sugar, white pepper, salt. see ingredients listed for other items above or on original spreadsheet
Broth: chicken, onions, celery, water, salt, pepper, herbs
Matzo Ball: eggs, matzo meal, schmaltz, salt, pepper, baking powder, garlic powder
Instructions / Storage
- Appetizers are shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Frozen items can be stored in freezer for several weeks. Fresh items can be stored in refrigerator for several days.
- To serve, follow the instructions below
Matzah Ball Soup
- Place thawed soup in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 3-4 minutes. Soup can also be warmed on a stove top
- Reheat stuffed cabbage rolls in a pot, in the sauce they came in, over a low flame for 15-20 min
- Liebman’s Deli ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.