You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly LIVE! cook-along: a DIY French pastry class with the world-famous patisserie, Ladurée! Known for inventing the macaron over 150 years ago, Ladurée is a definitive Parisian institution, renowned for their elegant, show-stopping desserts (not to mention, long lines of pastry lovers waiting for a chance to taste their exquisite creations). In this interactive event, Ladurée’s executive pastry chef Jimmy Leclerc will lead you through creating an Ispahan at home, a decadent pastry made of two rose-flavored macaron shells filled with cream, fresh raspberries, and lychees. It’s one of the bakery’s most sought-after desserts, and through this exclusive class, it’s coming to home kitchens for the first time!
Ladurée’s DIY Ispahan French Pastry Kit has all of the ingredients you need to follow along with Chef Jimmy at home, including the components for the macarons and buttercream frosting.
To join the class, here’s all you need to do:
– Order your DIY Ispahan French Pastry Kit by Sunday, Jan 31st at 12 PM ET.
– By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
– Prior to the class, you’ll receive your kit at your door, along with an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
– At 6 PM ET on Thursday, February 4, join Chef Jimmy on Zoom to make the dessert of your dreams!
A limited number of spots are available for each event, and they’re expected to fill up quickly.
For more details, head to the Goldbelly Blog!
Limited Edition: This DIY Ispahan Kit includes a FREE Goldbelly LIVE! Cook-Along with Ladurée’s executive pastry chef Jimmy Leclerc! First Come, First Served!
This package serves 6-8 people and includes everything you need to make 2 Ispahans.
Ispahan Pastry Kit
- 3.7 oz. Almond Flour
- 3.7 oz. Icing Sugar
- 4.7 oz. Granulated Sugar
- 0.03 oz. Tbsp. Red Food Coloring
- 7 oz. Butter
- 0.35 oz. Rose Syrup
- 0.3 oz Rose Water
- Lychees (5 pieces)
You Will Need
For the Ispahan Pastry
Eggs, raspberries, a KitchenAid mixer or hand-mixer, medium-size bowl, parchment paper, knife, spatula and whisk
This product is not eligible for discounts or promotions, unless otherwise noted. Also, it cannot be purchased with promotional gift cards or referral credits.
Almond Flour, Icing Sugar, Egg Whites, Red Food Coloring, Granulated Sugar, Butter, Rose Syrup, Rose Water, Raspberries, Lychees
Please include in the notes at checkout any allergies and we’ll do our best to accommodate it
Instructions / Storage
- Ispahan Kit ships fresh with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
Make the Ispahans
For the Macarons
- Combine almond flour with icing sugar in a bowl and use a whisk.
- In a clean dry bowl whisk 3 egg white to a foam, once they are frothy add a third of the granulated sugar and whip until sugar is dissolved.
- Add another third of granulated sugar, whip for another minute.
- Finally, add the remaining granulated sugar and whip for one more minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, delicately fold the mix of almond powder and icing sugar into the whipped egg white.
- In a separate small bowl, beat another egg white with the red colorant until just frothy.
- Then add to the final mixture folding gently to slightly loosen the batter.
- Transfer the mixture to the pipping bag. On a baking sheet pipe a disk of batter in a spiral.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
- Allow the piped batter to rest uncovered for 10 minutes before placing in the oven so it form a slight crust.
- Place the tray in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a dry clean bowl whisk the 2 remaining egg with the granulated sugar in three rounds (utilizing the same process as with the macarons).
- Add the room temperature flavored butter, and whisk all together for 1 minute.
- Transfer the butter cream in a pipping bag, flip half of your macaron’s shell and pipe some butter cream in the middle of those ( keep the other half of shells for the top).
- Put 1 raspberry inside the cream, and add more all around.
- Add 3 pieces of lychee in the middle, a little bit more of butter cream and put the second shell of the macaron on the top.
- Decorate your Ispahan with one rose petal, 1 raspberry, and 1 Ladurée logo.
- Ladurée ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.