Pan de Muerto is a delicious sweet bread prepared in the days and weeks leading up to the Día de los Muertos celebrations, perhaps the most celebrated and important holiday in Mexico. These festivities celebrate the life of loved ones that have passed away. La Newyorkina’s Mexican Chocolate Pan de Muerto is made with a traditional dough with crunchy pieces of Mexican chocolate inside. The brioche-style bread is then covered with an irresistible powdery-sugar canela topping.
Fany Gerson launched La Newyorkina in 2010 in Brooklyn, New York, after an inspiring trip to her native Mexico. When she returned to New York, she knew she wanted to share and celebrate the amazing Mexican desserts she rediscovered on her trip. Sourcing the best possible ingredients from both New York and Mexico, Gerson first made paletas (Mexican popsicles). Now La Newyorkina makes a wide range of sweet Mexican treats, including cheesecakes, ice cream, and traditional panadería-style baked goods.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes a Mexican Chocolate Pan de Muerto
- Each Pan de Muerto measures 8" and weighs 17.6 oz.
Wheat Flour, Yeast, Eggs, Butter, Cane Sugar, Confectioners Sugar, 60% Chocolate, Mexican Chocolate, Mexican Cinnamon
Contains Dairy, Gluten, Egg
Instructions / Storage
- Mexican Chocolate Pan de Muerto is baked fresh to order, then frozen before shipping
- Pan will arrive fully or partially thawed
- Upon arrival either leave the Pan at room temperature to thaw out before heating, or freeze
- Pan may be kept frozen up for up 3 weeks
- Must be consumed immediately after thawing
- Once thawed, warm up in a low temperature (220 F) for 10 minutes.
- La Newyorkina ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.