A landmark of Italian fine dining in New York City, I Trulli was founded by Nicola Marzovilla in 1994 and has since become renowned for its menu of specialties from Puglia, The Marzovilla family homeland. I Trulli is truly a family operation: many of its beloved pastas are handmade daily by none other than Nicola’s mother, Dora.
Their iconic potato gnocci in a traditional bolognese sauce tastes just like they were made by an Italian nonna — because they were!
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 4 servings of Handmade Gnocci (5 oz. each)
- 4 servings of Traditional Bolognese Sauce (7 oz. each)
flour, potato, egg, beef, tomato, olive oil, butter, cheese
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place in the sauce fridge or freezer
- Gnocci MUST be kept frozen
- Sauce may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and frozen for 1 month
- Defrost the sauce, but not the pasta.
- Bring two quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Warm up the sauce in sautée pan on high heat.
- Cook pasta in water until it floats, about three minutes.
- Add 1 oz. of pasta water to your sauce & stir.
- Drain the pasta, toss with sauce, adding grated cheese to your liking
to your liking, then plate &…MANGIA! buon appetito!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Il Trulli ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.