You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly Live! cook-along: a live pizza-making class with the mastermind behind Brooklyn’s renowned Emmy Squared, Emily Hyland! Most famous for marrying New York-style grandma pies with Detroit-style pizza, Emmy Squared’s pizzas have a fluffy, focaccia-like crust and a ring of caramelized crispy-crunchy cheese around the rim — a truly life-changing combination that you can now recreate at home for the first time!
Since few flavor combos pack more of a punch than jalapeños, honey, and pepperoni, Emily will guide you through making Emmy Squared’s signature “Colony” at home — a spicy, sweet, savory pizza topped with red sauce, mozzarella, crispy pepperoni cups, pickled jalapeños, and honey.
Emily Hyland founded Emmy Squared in Brooklyn in 2016, and since then it’s become the standard-bearer for Detroit-style pizza in The Big Apple. Eating Emmy Squared is described by The Infatuation as “something your mom would only let you do on special occasions.” And after your first bite, you’ll understand why. Are these pizzas healthy? Of course not, but when has anything this delicious ever been? Each Detroit-style pizza has a fluffy focaccia-like dough topped with caramelized crispy-crunchy cheese and a myriad of toppings. Trust us, this pizza is nothing short of utterly addictive.
Here’s How it Works:
- Order your Emmy Squared Pizza Kit before Sunday, January 24th, at 12pm ET.
- By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
- On Tuesday, January 26th, you’ll receive your Pizza Kit at your door, along with an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
- At 7 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, join Emily & the Emmy Squared team on Zoom and learn how to make those perfect pies at home!
A limited number of spots are available, and they’re expected to fill up quickly. Reserve your spot today!
For more details, head to the Goldbelly Blog!
Limited Edition: This Pizza Kit Includes a FREE Goldbelly LIVE! Pizza-Making Zoom Class with Emmy Squared’s Emily Hyland.
This package serves 2 people and includes everything you need to make 2 Cocktails + 1 Colony Pizza
- Choose to make it Gluten Free
- Also includes the ingredients for Extra Dough for 1 More Pizza!
- Each pizza is approximately 7″ × 9″
- Choose to add merch!
- Emmy Squared Cookbook
- Custom Hedley & Bennett Kid’s Apron
- Pepperoni (20 pieces)
- Detroit-style Pan + Lid
- Frozen Dough (Choose to make it Gluten Free)
Extra Dough Kit
- Flour (Choose to make it Gluten Free)
- Apple cider
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 can of ginger beer
- A 6 cube Ice Cube Tray
You Will Need
For the Cocktail
Cocktail shaker (or mason jar), something to strain with, a tall glass for the cocktail, and ice
For the Pizza
Oven mitts, a ladle, a spatula, a pizza-cutter (or kitchen knife), and a cutting board
For the Extra Dough
A medium-sized mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, olive oil, and plastic wrap or lid for the mixing bowl
Sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, pickled jalapeños, honey
Contains: Dairy & Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Kit is made-to-order
- Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the dough and ice packs to partially thaw during shipment
- Upon receipt place dough in the freezer
- Put the tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and jalapenos into the fridge
- Honey can stay at room temperature
- Store all components for the cocktail in the refrigerator
Upon Arrival: Unpack your Emmy Squared Pizza-Making Kit once it arrives. Use the checklist below to make sure that you have all of your ingredients.
For the Cocktail:
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider
- Ginger Beer
- Ice Cube Tray
For the Pizza:
- Frozen Dough
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Pickled jalapenos
For the Dough:
Be sure to place the pizza dough in the freezer & the remaining ingredients in the fridge.
Morning of the Class: Prep the dough, according to Emily’s directions:
1. Take the dough out of the freezer
2. Place dough into the center of your well-buttered pan, uncovered; allow to thaw for one hour
3. Once dough is thawed and soft, gently press it to the edges of the pan
4. Cover the pan and let the dough proof at room temperature for two hours
5. After two hours, put pan into the refrigerator until class
An Hour Before the Class: Gather the necessary kitchen equipment & the ingredients before the cook-along starts.
Before Zooming: Download the Zoop App on your computer or mobile phone. You do not need to register for an account to join.
At Class Time: Join our Zoom Pizza-Making Class Wednesday, January 27th, at 7pm ET! Click this Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/93406475064 (Meeting ID: 934 0647 5064). Feel free to join us a few minutes early to test out your connection!
Pizza Pan Care Guide
About Your Pan
- Your kit includes a specialty Detroit-style pizza pan.
- Please note the pan has a seasoned coating and as it is being shipped together with refrigerated ingredients this can cause some oxidation/ blemishes̤ DO NOT use soap and water to clean the pan; instead use salt and oil as you would with iron cookware.
- These specialty pans are meant to be seasoned by use
- They will get better with time, like a cast iron skillet
- These are our instructions to correctly prep a pan to give it a clean and begin the seasoning process:
When Your Pan Arrives
- If need be, wipe the pan clean of any blemishes that may have resulted from oxidation during transit.
- Gently scrub the pan with the coarse side of a dry sponge. This is a dry scrub with no water! DO NOT USE ANY WATER ON PIZZA PANS as this will cause rust̤
- Add a small amount (less than a tsp) of Kosher Salt to the pizza pan.
- Using a paper towel, rub salt gently into the pan to absorb excess grease or blemishes.
- Wipe clean of salt. DO NOT USE WATER ON PIZZA PAN but dry paper towel instead.
- Add small amount of canola or similar vegetable oil (1 T) and rub into the entire pan as evenly as possible.
- This oil coating will act to “season” your pizza pan for future use while baking your pizza. Each use will further the pan’s seasoning, similar to a cast iron skillet. Once wiped clear of excess oil, pan will be ready for fresh dough!
To Clean Your Pan
- After removing pizza from pan, wipe clean of any crumbs or particulates
- Keep pizza pan in a dry place separate from other dishes to prevent oxidation
- Repeat process above of gentle dry scrub (you may only need the salt if there is a lot of residue, otherwise this step can be sometimes omitted), wipe with dry paper towel; coat with oil finish
- Emmy Squared ships Monday – Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.