This full family-style dinner includes a 8 pieces of fried chicken, mac n’ cheese, savory cornbread, collard greens, spicy oil, and Carla’s signature “Hoot n Honey” Sauce!
“This is a Nashville delicacy. I’m proud to say that you can’t find it outside my hometown, at least not true versions of it, unless you make it at home. For years, I’ve been talkin’ about doing it and now I finally have. I was so happy with my version that I went straight to Prince’s in Nashville on my next trip home to see how mine stacked up with one of the most famous chicken shacks in town. I gotta say, mine can hold its own. If you like hot food and fried chicken, you’ll love this dish.” – Carla Hall
Comfort foods from beloved chef and TV personality Carla Hall are now shipping right to your door! Carla grew up in Nashville surrounded by soul food cooked by her grandmother Freddie Mae, and after stints as an accountant and runway model she switched gears and embraced her true calling: food! She first won over audiences while competing on “Top Chef,” and since then the effervescent chef has become a household name. Carla believes that food connects us all, and when she cooks, she cooks with love!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes
- 8 pcs. Fried Chicken (2 each breasts, thighs, legs & wings – approx. 3 lbs)
- 1 Loaf Corn Bread (approx. 24 oz.)
- Mac & Cheese (approx. 2 lbs.)
- Collard Greens (approx 2 lbs.)
- 1 bottle Hot Oil (4 oz.)
- 1 bottle Hoot N Honey Sauce (4 oz.)
- Chicken – Whole Chicken, Canola Oil, Kosher Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Hot Paprika, White Wine Vinegar Powder, Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, All Purpose Flour, Cayenne, Paprika, Corn Starch
- Hot Oil – Canola Oil, Cayenne Pepper, Hungarian Paprika, Habanero Pepper, Salt, Sugar
- Hoot N Honey – Honey, Hungarian Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Canola Oil,
- Mac N Cheese – Flour, Butter, Mustard Powder, Milk, Onion, Paprika, Eggs, Salt, Cheddar Sharp Yellow [cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto to Color ] Cheddar Sharp White[cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes ], Elbow Pasta [semolina, Durum Wheat Flour, Dried Spinach, Dried Tomato, Niacin, Ferrous Sulphate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid ]
- Corn Bread – Cornmeal, Baking Powder, Salt, Eggs, Sour Cream, Creamed Corn [ Corn, Water, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Salt], Canola Oil
Instructions / Storage
- Dinner ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place kit in the freezer or defrost in the refrigerator overnight – reheat from a refrigerated state
- Cornbread may be kept at room temperature for 1-2 days
- Items may be kept refrigerated for:
- Chicken: 2 Days
- Mac & Cheese: 3 Days
- Collard Greens: 3 Days
- Corn Bread: 3-4 Days
- Sauces: 7+ Days
- All items may be kept frozen upon arrival for up to 2 weeks
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before heating
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place chicken from frozen (or refrigerated) on sheet pan lightly coated with cooking pan spray
- Place in hot oven and reheat for 20-25mins or until the exterior is re-toasted and the interior is hot
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of hot oil or hoot n’ honey or a combination of both on a plate or in a medium bowl.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the hot oil/hoot n’ honey.
- Add more oil or honey if desired.
Mac and Cheese
- Remove mac and cheese from freezer and place at room temperature for 1-2hours to defrost
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove card lid
- Place in the oven for 60-70mins and allow bake until bubbly, crispy on edges, and light brown on top
- Remove cornbread from freezer to defrost at room temperature 1-2hrs
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove card lid and cover lightly with aluminum foil
- Place in the oven for 15mins
- Remove from the oven, keep covered and allow to cool slightly before serving
Collard Greens: Microwave Method
- Cut the bag open and place the contents of the bag into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Remove from the microwave, stir and heat on high for 1 more minute.
Collard Greens: Stove Top Method
- Place collards in a small pot
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Chef Carla Hall ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.