Celebrate Passover in style with the ultimate in Jewish comfort foods! The meal begins with our housemade everything bagel-spiced matzo, served with a selection of dips and salads, like carrot-walnut charoset and chicken rillette. Next up is traditional matzo ball soup with soul-warming chicken broth. The centerpiece of the meal is a coffee-braised brisket, slow-cooked until it’s fall-apart tender, served with a schmaltzy sweet potato & apple kugel. Have yourself a slice of flourless chocolate almond tart to complete the meal.
Chef Michael Solomonov’s Abe Fisher, Zahav’s sister restaurant, celebrates the food of the Jewish Diaspora, from Eastern Europe to New York City and beyond. In 2015, the restaurant earned a James Beard Foundation semifinalist nomination for “Best New Restaurant."
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make a 3-course Passover meal featuring Abe Fisher’s Coffee Braised Brisket:
- 12 Everything Spice Matzo pieces (13 oz)
- Borscht Tartare (16 oz)
- Carrot Walnut Charoset (16 oz)
- Chicken Rillette (16 oz)
- Chicken Soup (48 oz)
- 6 Matzo Balls (30 oz total)
- Coffee Braised Brisket with Carrots and Potatoes (60 oz)
- Sweet Potato and Apple Kugel (17 oz)
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Tart with Pomegranate (25 oz)
Items may vary slightly
Everything Spice Matzo: Everything Spice (Sesame Seeds, Poppy Seeds, Garlic, Onion, Caraway, Salt), Flour, Olive Oil, Water, Salt
Borscht Tartare: Beets, Horseradish, Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Shallots, Dijon, Olive Oil, Parsley, Chives, Dill, Salt. Contains: Shallots, Mustard.
Carrot Walnut Charoset: Carrot, Apple, Walnut, Golden Raisin, Cilantro, Horseradish, Vinegar, Sugar, Salt
Chicken Rillette: Celery Brine (Celery, Onion, Garlic, Allspice, Black Pepper, Salt, Thyme), Applewood Smoked Chicken, Shallot, Thyme, Schmaltz, Caramelized Onions, Chicken Skin, Sherry, Sherry Vinegar, Brandy, Mushrooms, Dijon, Whole Grain Mustard, Lemon Juice, Goulash Spice (pepper, tomato)
Chicken Soup: Chicken, Celery, Onion, Carrots, Garlic, Parsley, Thyme, Black Pepper, All Spice, Turmeric, Ginger, Canola Oil, Baking Powder, Paprika. Contains: Onion, Garlic, Egg.
Matzo Balls: Schmaltz, Matzoh Meal (Contains Gluten), Eggs, Baking Powder, Black Pepper, Parsley, Dill, Chives. Contains: Wheat, Gluten, Egg.
Coffee Braised Brisket with Carrots and Potatoes: Beef Brisket, Onions, Chicken Stock (Celery, Carrot, Allspice, Black Pepper, Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric, Thyme, Salt), Garlic, Carrots, Potatoes, Cardamom, Coffee, Black Pepper, Salt. Contains: Onion, Garlic.
Sweet Potato and Apple Kugel: Sweet Potato, Russet Potato, Onion, Apple, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Lemon, Schmaltz, Egg, Cayenne, Salt
Flourless Chocolate Almond Tart with Pomegranate: Almonds, Almond Flour, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Pomegranate Juice And Seeds, Chocolate (Contains Soy Lecithin), Maple Syrup, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- Meal Kit ships fresh with ice packs which may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place all items in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store matzo at room temperature.
- Enjoy the Meal Kit within 3 days of arrival.
- About 90 minutes before serving, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When the oven is preheated, remove the lid from the kugel and re-cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven for approximately 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove the brisket, chicken rillette, charoset, borscht tartare, soup and matzoh balls from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Half an hour before serving, cut open the two bags of chicken soup, empty them into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Bring a separate, large pot of water to a simmer and add the matzo balls and brisket to it, still in their bags.
- Check the brisket and matzo balls after 30 minutes; if they are still not hot, simmer for 5-7 more minutes.
- Cut open the bags of chicken rillette, borscht tartare, and charoset and arrange in serving dishes. Put the matzo on a serving plate.
- Cut open the bag of matzo balls and place one in each bowl.
- Ladle the chicken soup on top and serve.
- Cut open the bags of brisket and arrange the meat and vegetables on a large platter.
- Serve with the matzo, salads, and kugel.
- To remove the tart from the pan, run a knife around the edge and use the parchment to lift the tart out. Cut into slices and serve.
- Meal Kits from Abe Fisher ship Wednesdays and Thursdays of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.