In our latest Spring collection, Uzume, we chronicle the unique characteristics of every root, island black sugar, sake, sesame seed and obscurity to highlight the craft and pristine cultivation that comes from Japan.
A perfect Mother’s Day or just because gift! The goddess of the dawn, merriment and humor, Uzume acted as an ancient change agent credited with bringing joy to all in her path. She was jovial and creative, inspiring people to see their potential for happiness and creation. This collection celebrates her, her origins in Japanese culture and her attribute of creativity. Katrina has used the medium of chocolate to honor the ingredients that are found throughout Japan during this season of renewal and the artisans who craft and cultivate them.
To founder Katrina Markoff, chocolate is a medium for sharing stories from all around the world. Since inventing her sweet Indian curry coconut truffle in 1997, Markoff has gone on to create a chocolate experience like no other with Vosges. She has since been on Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 list and named one of the 10 Best Chocolatiers in the World by National Geographic. One taste of these convention-defying creations from Vosges and you’ll know why!
- This package serves 10-12 people and includes 28 truffles
- Arrives in a decorative box. Perfect for a gift!
- 1 Manami – Umeboshi plum + wild banana + red ginger + 62% cacao dark chocolate ganache + turmeric-hued 36% cacao white chocolate
- 1 Mitsuki Riko – Japanese jasmine flowers + Emperor’s jasmine green tea + genmaicha + 36% cacao white chocolate
- 2 Black Pearl® – Organic Wakaya ginger + reshly grated wasabi + 72% cacao dark chocolate + ceremonial matcha
- 2 Hikari – Hateruma brown sugar + 5-year aged purple potato vinegar + 72% cacao dark chocolate + purple potatoes
- 2 Hotaru – Black Okinawan sugar caramel + 62% cacao dark chocolate + chili threads
- 2 Michiyo – Lychee + orange blossom water + 62% cacao dark chocolate
- 2 Mikino – Black sesame + honey + dates + 100% cacao
- 2 Momoko – White peach + bitter almond + peach eau de vie + beet-hued 36% cacao white chocolate
- 2 Ruriko – Kokuto black sugar caramel with double fermented shoyu + 62% cacao dark chocolate ganache + electric blue algae-hued 36% cacao white chocolate
- 2 Sakae – Dassai 39 Junmai Daiginjo + 62% cacao dark chocolate + golden sesame + blue algae + poppy seeds
- 2 Sakura – Cherry blossom + Sakura leaves + Anko white bean + 36% cacao white chocolate + dragon fruit + white poppy seed
- 2 Seiki – Chiba peanut butter + pink Himalayan salt + 45% cacao deep milk chocolate
- 2 Tama – Kübler absinthe + star anise + fennel + 62% cacao dark chocolate + coconut ash
- 2 Uzume Satomi – Hateruma Island sugar caramel + 62% cacao dark chocolate + 23 karat gold dust
- 2 Yua – Hateruma Island brown sugar caramel + masago + 62% cacao dark chocolate
White Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Skimmed Milk Powder, Soy Lecithin An Emulsifier), Milk Chocolate (Cane Sugar, Unsweetened Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Vanilla Bean Seeds), Organic Heavy Cream, Chocolate (Unsweetened Chocolate, Cane Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla Bean Seeds), Bittersweet Chocolate (Unsweetened Chocolate, Cane Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla Bean Seeds), Hateruma Brown Sugar, Cherry Blossom Paste (White Bean Paste, Sugar, Trehalose, Salted Sakura Cherry Leaves, Color Cochineal, Alum, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid), Brown Rice Syrup, Heavy Cream, Peanut Butter (Peanuts), Sugar, Bananas, Black Sesame Paste, Sesame Seeds, Almond Marzipan (Sugar, Almonds, Water, Sorbitol, Invert Sugar, Invertase), Unsalted Butter, Okinawa Black Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Bronte Pistachio Paste, Feuilletine (Wheat Flour, Sugar, Anhydrous Milkfat, Milk Sugar, Milk Proteins, Salt, Barley Malt Flour, Sodium Bicarbonate), Invert Sugar Syrup, Date Syrup, Togarashi Spice, Water, Viola Flowers, Alcohol Sake, White Poppy Seed, White Peach Puree (Peach, Sugar, Ascorbic Acid), Freeze Dried Cherries, Lychee Liqueur, Purple Potato Vinegar, Orange Flower, Amaretto, Purple Potato Powder, Lemon Juice, Beet Powder [for Color], Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Absinthe Liqueur, Fennel, Matcha Green Tea, Gold Leaf, Sea Salt, Peach Schnapps, Wasabi, Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Food Grade Activated Coconut Shell Charcoal, Orange Blossom Water, Anise, Oriental Mustard, Organic Ginger, Unsalted Butter (Pasteurized Cream, Natural Flavors), Pink Himalayan Salt, Red Color (Fruit, Vegetable Juice), Blue Color (Spirulina Extract, Fruit Juice), Red Ginger Root, Yellow Color (Cocoa Butter, Turmeric Extract-color), Bitter Almond Flavor, Madagascar Vanilla Extract, Organic Soy Lecithin- An Emulsifier, Sunflower Lecithin, Rosemary Extract – To Maintain Freshness, Umeboshi (Umeboshi Plums, Sea Salt, Shisho Leaves), Baja Gold Salt, Soy Sauce, Spices. Contains: Milk, Soy, Wheat, Peanuts, Almonds, Pistachio
This product is processed on equipment that also processes Milk, Soy, Peanuts and Tree Nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Truffles arrive in a gift box ready to serve
- Place the truffles in the refrigerator.
- Caramels and marshmallows should be stored in a cool, dry place with consistent room temperature.
- To serve, allow the truffles to come to room temperature for 2 hours in the box.
- These treats should be enjoyed within 2 weeks.
- Vosges ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.