This 8-inch ring cake is made with real Virginny corn whiskey hooch from our pals in the next county. It’s a rich cake topped with a chocolate glaze; the booze is pronounced but mellow. Bon Appetit and NBC’s Today Show named it one of the most unique gifts of the year. Serves 8-10.
“Leave it to a baker in moonshine country to create a dessert that rivals the Kentucky bourbon ball. Red Truck’s double-chocolate moonshine cake is made with legal hooch and enough rich chocolate to give you a buzz.” —Garden & Gun magazine
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
- Each cake serves 8-10 people and is approximately 8 inches in diameter
Instructions / Storage
- All cakes from Red Truck Bakery are baked the day they are shipped.
- Each cake will stay fresh at room temperature for at least two days after delivery.
- Freezing extends the enjoyment for at least three months.
- Please do not refrigerate, which tends to dry out cakes.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of each week. Please add in an extra day for arrival due to unforeseen delays.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.