Fresh Fruit Variety Box - 8-10 lbs.
This box comes with a wide variety of Miami Fruit’s seasonal tropical fruits! The Variety Box will almost always include bananas, along with many other seasonal fruits. Whatever you receive, it’ll be sure to be delicious, and will definitely expand your knowledge of the world of tropical fruits!
To say that Rane Roatta has a passion for tropical Florida fruits would be an understatement. He started selling fruit at Miami farmers markets nearly a decade ago, picking up fruit from local farms on his bicycle. Nowadays, Roatta and partner Edelle Schlegel work with hundreds of local Miami growers, and they even own their own seven-acre farm to experiment with new varieties. The rare & exotic fruit they source usually ships the day after it’s picked, and it’s oftentimes fruit that simply can’t be found outside of the Tropics.
This package includes a variety of 8-10 lbs. of tropical fruit
- Number of pieces may vary based on the individual crop
Fruits May Include
- Cacao – This is the sacred fruit that chocolate is made from! Inside the cacao pod, you can eat the sweet flesh off the seeds. The seeds can also be eaten raw. If you want to make cacao nibs, make sure to roast or thoroughly dehydrate the seeds and then pulse blend in a food processor or blender.
- Tree Tomato – This amazing fruit is a bit of savory and sweet. Cut in half and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Tree tomato can be eaten raw on its own.
- Key Lime – This amazing fruit makes delicious key lime pies and irresistible raw vegan ceviches.
- Soursop – Is in the same genus as cherimoya and is in the Annonaceae family. The flavor has been described as a combination of strawberry and pineapple, with sour citrus flavor notes contrasting with an underlying creamy texture reminiscent of coconut or banana!
- Cuban Green Banana – Big creamy banana makes a great cooking banana.
- Kumquat – This cute little citrus fruit packs a lot of flavor. The skin of kumquat is actually the sweetest part and should be eaten along with the insides which has a bit more of a tangy, tart, and sour flavor. When you eat both the skin and insides, you experience the perfect harmony of sweet and sour. How to eat kumquat: pop the whole thing in your mouth- skin and all!
- Longan – a native fruit to Southern Asia, means “dragon’s eye” in Chinese, because the unshelled fruit resembles a dragon’s eyeball. The black seed of the longan fruit shows through its translucent flesh. The fruit is a tropical member of the soapberry family, which is the same family the lychee belongs to as well.
- Blood Orange – Blood oranges are a member of the citrus genus. They can sometimes look like a navel orange on the outside but they typically have a deep red colored fruit and juice inside. Blood oranges have a unique flavor compared to other oranges, being distinctly raspberry-like in addition to the usual citrus notes. These blood oranges are ready to eat as soon as they are picked and can be consumed as soon as you receive them.
- Rambutan – Fresh rambutan is super sweet and juicy. They make the perfect on-the-go snack and are sure to spark up a conversation!
- Yellow Dragonfruit – This rare cactus fruit has a unique sweet flavor. The seeds are slightly larger than most dragonfruit, and the inside fruit is extremely sweet and juicy! Quick Tip: Frozen yellow dragonfruit makes a delicious, refreshing, and healthy treat. Let thaw a little and eat with a spoon like ice cream!
- Sugar Apple – Sugar Apple is the most widely grown member of the anonna family. It is similar in sweetness to atemoya, but has a different flavor.
- Watermelon Guava – Watermelon guava has a nice floral flavor with a hint of strawberry and melon. The texture is more crunchy than regular pink guava. Each fruit contains seeds that are edible. The exterior will have some give all-around when it is ripe and ready to eat. Guava can be eaten skin-on, like an apple.
- Caviar Lime – These are a delightfully delicious treat that makes a super satisfying pop when squeezed. We love eating the little “pearls” as is but they also taste amazing on top of other fruits like watermelon and papaya.
If you have an allergy, please leave a note at checkout.
Unfortunately due to Arizona and California agriculture laws, Miami Fruit is unable to ship fruit to these states. Any orders shipping to these states will be canceled and refunded.
Instructions / Storage
- Fruit arrives ready to enjoy!
- Upon arrival, bring your box inside right away, and remove all of the contents. Many of the fruits will arrive unripe and will need to ripen on the counter. Any ripe fruits received should be refrigerated or eaten right away.
- If you have an allergy, please leave a note at checkout.
- Miami Fruit ships Monday and Tuesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Orders cannot be shipped to Arizona and California
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.